“Well, okay then.” He smirked to himself.

“That’s all you have to say on my enormous, heart-felt rant?” I nearly strangled him right there.

“No, but that’s all I want to say from this close distance.”

“Well… smart.” I nodded before turning back to the couch longingly.

“You sure that’s all about this show?” John quietly slipped in and I froze. “Purely fictional characters and their conflicts?”

“Ya,” I nodded. “This is totally Moffat’s and that other guy's creation. Moffat wrote the really mean episodes.” I answered, knowing full and well what he was referring to.

“Well, go take a shower or something. You smell funny.”

“Why are you smelling me?” I laughed, but made my way to my room to cleanse myself.

---John’s POV---

“You really sure you wanna be here?” I whispered to Edward when Kat’s shower started running. I looked over at the television screen to see the always-amused Edward Nigma.

“She’s not in here anymore is she?” he sighed. “So what are you worried about?”

“John?” Kat called from her room. “Is there someone out there?”

“Nope. Just TV.” I answered calmly.

“DO NOT START THE NEXT SEASON WITHOUT ME!” The lights flickered a bit and I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself.

“Of course not Kat. I’m watching a Stephen Hawking documentary.”

“Oh. Well have fun with that!” Kat called before a secondary door slammed shut and music seeped under her door. I looked back at the surprised ginger.

“That’s why. She can probably still hear us too.” I frowned at him. “What do you want?”

“To simply talk.” he shrugged and I sighed.

“What do you want Nigma? I’m busy.” I muttered, fixing my coffee.

“Doing work in your night clothes John?” he prodded.

“Getting more done than you are, that’s for sure.” I snapped at him. “Tell me what you want and then leave me alone Edward.”

“How is she doing?” His voice actually carried a thick layer of worry.

“She’s fine. I think she’s going to end up dropping by your place at some point.”

“That will just be lovely.” He sighed, dropping his head to his desk.

“She’s getting a lot better,” I lightly blew on my coffee before taking a sip of it, welcoming the bitter taste. “You shouldn’t have to worry about her killing you…. As viciously.” I added for a touch of humor.

“Don’t try to be funny John.” Ed sighed before disappearing from the TV for now. I looked over at Kat’s door and started to think about everything I’ve seen; trying to find a way to help her piece her life back together.

---Kat’s POV---

“Jooohhhhhnnnnnyyyyyy! I’m boooooored!” I whined from my perch on one of the beams in the living room. “I’ve literally climbed the walls from boredom!” I sighed as I swung my leg over the edge, looking down at everything.

“I can’t get anything done with you complaining every thirty minutes Kat.” John sighed from his lab. He never left the room, but I could hear things clink around as he mixed toxin samples. “And this needs to be done.”