Chapter 59: The Strongest Dragon Slayer

Start from the beginning

'We've never been more proud of you F/n...' I hear a group of voices say. I turn around. And see...

"All of you are here?" I ask, looking at a human sized version of Etherion, my mother and father, my sister, Neptune and Rockwell, I even see my best friend from my village before Acnologia attacked was within the crowd of others I'd lost along the way.

'You did it. You won. And that's why you were chosen.' I couldn't hold the tears back hearing my mothers voice again... I'd forgotten what she even sounded like it had been so long... Then, I hear Etherion's echoing voice.

'That is why you were chosen.'

Erza POV

              I arrive back at the guild, and see everybody sitting quietly, tears on their faces. With one notable face not among them...

              "M/n...?" I say, barely above a whisper. They all look over to me, and the looks some of them gave were telling enough... I fall to me knees, no... H-he told me... Etherion told me he'd need someone, that he'd have a future life... Why would he-? I'm cut off from my thoughts by a hand on my shoulder. I turn, and see him. Standing there, his left arm obviously missing, but I didn't care... he was here... Alive. Barely sure, but I couldn't care any less.

              "Don't worry. I ain't done yet." He says, beaming brightly. I noticed his hair had also become a colorless gray, almost white in certain areas. And he had a large, discolored, and uneven scar now stapled to his gut. "Thank you, guys... I couldn't have won without your help." He says, bowing slightly to the other Dragon Slayers.

              "What are you talking about man?! You put up a fight unlike any I've ever-!" Before Natsu can finish, M/n's eyes roll back in his head, and he collapses. I catch him on his way down, and Porlyusica screams at me to bring him to the Guild hall's infirmary.

Gray POV

              I watch stunned as Erza rushes by with M/n in her arms.

              "I can't believe he actually bowed to you guys?" I say, looking at Natsu. M/n rarely, no... Never showed respect like that.

              "He shouldn't have..." Laxus says, looking at where M/n had been standing. "I can't even begin to explain what I saw in there. He fought on nothing but a sheer absolute will for victory... It was mind boggling to witness what he fought through at such an astronomical level. And he calls himself a Dragon Slayer like we are..."

              "I agree... Seems disrespectful to a guy capable of that." Gajeel chimes in.

              "Because he ain't a Dragon Slayer..." Natsu says smirking. "He's a Dragon God. The. Dragon God."

Erza POV

              I sit by his bed side and watch his chest raise and fall ever so slightly, over and over, praying it wouldn't suddenly stop. Porlyusica said he should've been awake by now, so why aren't you waking up M/n?

Your POV

              I sit in the room of golden light, staring at the door in front of me... I know the moment I leave, I'll never return... I'll never be able to reach this extent of power again... It was an endless supply, it was... addicting... I sit there, looking down at each of my arms, golden tattoos of a dragon winding their way down each of them, the moment I leave here, I lose my arm forever too... Why would I ever want to leave this place? I continue to sit there and stare at the large door in front of me. I finally sigh and stand. "The longer I stay here... The worse reality is... that's what you'd tell me, right dragon?" I reach for the door, and as I pull it open darkness floods in, and I feel my arm light on fire.

Erza POV

              I sit up... only to find the bed in front of me empty... I had fallen asleep on his shoulder... where had he? My thoughts are stopped when I whip my head to the terrace... The Moon and starlit sky illuminating his silhouette. He was standing tall, looking out to the starry sky. I stand and walk out next to him.

              "M-M/n...?" He turns to me slowly, and I notice his eyes were red and puffy, his face stained with tears. I hug him tightly, my instincts taking over. "They told me what happened... I'm so sorry you had to push yourself through that." I look up to him, and he was looking out aimlessly to the sky again.

              "It's quiet..." He says softly. "I like it when it's quiet... It hasn't been in so long..." I honestly had no idea what he was talking about. Fiore had come together to help Magnolia rebuild; construction was going on 24/7.

              "I'm sorry M/n, can you not hear all of that?" He turns to me, and smiles slightly.

              "My head... it's quiet... No thoughts of what could happen... Just, Quiet..." He turns back out to the sky. "Hasn't been... Since I was a kid."

              "He's up..." I turn around and see Wendy standing there. "I-is he ok?" She asks looking back and forth between me and him. He turns around too, and the light from within the room lights up just how bad the damage was from the fight. A scar ran vertically over his left eye, which was still under a bloodied pad. He still wore bandages around his stump of an arm, and his abdomen was covered in medical wrap as well, both sections blotted with large clots of blood. "Are you still hurt?" She asks reaching out towards where the hole in his side was.

              "Is everybody else ok?" He asks me, his voice serious now. I nod and turn to Wendy.

              "Yeah... even Makarov ended up being ok..." He raises a brow and looks at me skeptically.

              "I guess with Zeref having been around... Nothing supernatural should be surprising." He pauses and turns to Wendy, ruffling her hair. A mischievous smirk forming on his face.

              "W-what's that looks about?" Wendy asks nervously.

"How would you like to be the next me, Wendy?"