.𝟑𝟕 - 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(heart or mind)

𝐅ive stood over Lila as she thrashed about the floor, her hands gripping tightly at his foot as she worked desperately to lift his weight off her trachea. A smirk took to his lips as he watched her struggle beneath him, her breathing coming out in choked grunts as he shifted more of his weight upon her. The Handler just watched the interaction play out, her face neutral as Five's eyes stared pointedly into her own. He'd be lying if he said it didn't feel good to inflict pain on one of the Commission's goonies, especially one so close to the Handler herself. All they had ever done was take from him; his life, his family, Nyx. It felt good to be the one giving the blows for a change. The Handler showed no emotion toward Lila's misery but the twitch of her fingers was enough for Five to know what he was doing was affecting her. That would suffice for now.

"You've got a good nose," The Handler measly applauded. 

Not the words he was looking for. His smirk slowly dropped down to an intense glare as he applied more pressure to Lila's neck. "You know, planting her in a psych ward and taking advantage of my simple-minded brother, that was smart." He applauded, baiting her to confirm what he already knew to be true.

The Handler smiled, pleased with the response. "Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," She proudly stated. 

Now this brought shock to Five. He had suspected Lila of being part of the commission, maybe even someone close to the Handler. But never this. His brows furrowed ever so slightly despite his restraint to show his shock. "She's your-" But he never got to finish the question before both women answered, "Daughter."

"Yes," The Handler confirmed, her previous worry for the Lila briefly making an appearance across her features as she added. "And she's my only one so I'd appreciate it if you didn't crush her windpipe." 

Five firmly grit his teeth, showing his internal struggle of wanting to kill Lila but also needing more information. He knew the latter wouldn't be possible if he proceeded with his desires. So reluctantly, he released her. The second his foot lifted, Lila shot up to her feet, moving quickly to stand beside her mother as she panted. Her hand rubbed at her neck and her eyes glared dangerously into Five's. "I am so going to enjoy killing you someday." Five merely smirked at her words. Such a threat meant nothing to him, especially by her lips. He could take her easily. 

"Lila, darling, would you give us a minute please?" The Handler sweetly requested, much to Lila's dismay. 

"Yes," Five quickly pitched in, his smirk only growing. "The grownups need to talk."