Up in the Trees

He walked in the forest, Staying clear of the Hunters path. Grabbing a few sticks and leaves and putting them in his backpack. This boy was different, And he was aware of that. He was like other kids, Surviving this world and avoiding risky situations with the monsters that roam around freely, Yes. But he was different in terms of Physical appearance. It was very useful but not when you try to talk to other children, It just scares them away. He's used to it by now, Being alone and being feared. He walks down the same path every time he goes to search for food or resources to survive such a world.

He finished up looting and decided it was time to go home, Which was just a bird hole he found about 2 years ago. He made it pretty homey, He thinks. He picked up a sharp rock he saw, Thinking it'd be useful to use for hunting. He turned to go home but his ears picked up on a sound. A frequency. It made him turn and walk to the frequency, He shouldn't but something in him was telling him to follow it. All his instincts were yelling 'Turn back! Stop! RUN!!' But he ignored every single warning they gave him.

Walking closer to the frequency, It got louder. It hurt his ears but something was pulling him to it. He stopped over by a tree just in front of the open path. He peeked over the side of the tree and saw a boy with a paper bag over his head. He also wore a brown trench coat, Brown shirt and a darker shade of brown pants that were rolled up his ankles. Man this guy sure likes his brown. He stepped closer, Being completely oblivious to the warnings yelling at him, He wanted to say 'Hi' but he knew too well that the bag boy would run away in an instant.

He walked forward. The warnings were screaming at this point. 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING TURN BACK. STOP. DON'T.' He ignored the loud cries until it was gone. It disappeared completely, Seemingly to have given up. He was away from the tree, Now in the light the moon was illuminating. With a deep breath he spoke up.

?: "Hi." His voice was deep. He doesn't really have anyone to talk to so it results in him not using much of his voice but he wasn't expecting it to be like this... The boy in front of him, Now fully standing, Turned around.

?: "H-Hi..?" The bag boy responded with a stutter. The bag boy took a good look at the person in front of him.

A worn out blue shirt with slightly torn sleeves and one breast pocket on the left side, Blue worn out jeans that were rolled up to his knees. Scars and bite marks on his dark skin from other animals. Black hair that covered his eyes. But something stood out to him, It didn't feel right. The boy in front of him had ears and a tail that looked to be a canine's. They didn't look fake but it seemed to move... He felt a bit of fear and a mixture of curiosity.

?: "Who are you? And what are you doing here in the forest alone?" The boy with ears asked. The bag boy hesitated. Actually, He doesn't even know how he got here.

Mono: "I-I'm Mono..." He stuttered out. "I don't really know how I got here." He glanced over at the T.V. and then back at the black haired boy. "Who are you?" He asked, Still a bit scared.

Vortex: "Vortex. My name's Vortex!" Vortex did a little bow, A small smile showing. This for some reason made Mono feel less threatened as he let out a little giggle.

Vortex straightened his posture again, A small smile on his face.

Vortex: "So... You don't know how you got here?" He asked. Mono nodded as an answer, He looked more relaxed and the air around them seemed less tense. "Then... That means you don't know anything about this place huh?" He asked, crossing his arms. Mono nodded again, Looking a bit to the side. "Right... That's not good, Makes you a good target for the Hunter." He whispered, But loud enough for Mono to hear. He looked down to the ground for a minute thinking of a solution.

Mono: "Who's the Hunter?" Mono asked, Breaking the silence.

Vortex: "He's the guy that lives around here, He hunts down animals which should've been obvious by his name. But you oughta be careful, He doesn't just hunt down animals."