𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺

Depuis le début

 That's why his stomach was alight with fluttering butterflies and his skin abuzz with nerves; nobody had ever wanted Steve Harrington before. He almost didn't know what to do or say anymore; he'd never been on a date as himself before.

 He just had to keep reminding himself that Scarlet had fallen for him. She hadn't even known King Steve... thank God.

 He sucked in a breath, hands already growing clammy. Then the door opened.

 "Hey! Sorry I'm late! Robin was being kinda weird — not that that's anything new for her but — Oh..."

 Scarlet hadn't really been paying attention as she slammed her car door shut, and hopped up the Harrigton's path. Her arms were laden with new movies to share with Will, Max and Eleven, not to mention the boatload of snacks that Robin had tossed her way.

 She'd been acting strange, Robin that is. From sly little grins to scurrying to keep Scarlet busy. The former ice cream slinger had even forgone her break... which was absurdly out of character for Robin Buckley.

 Now, as Scarlet finally blinked and tore her eyes away from her strawberry-printed socks now freed from her shoes... she understood why. There Steve was standing, looking as pretty to her as ever. There was something sheepish, and even shy, about the little and awkward smile on his face. His cheeks were steadily growing pinker as the seconds ticked by.

 He looked cosy. From the pale blue sweater keeping his arms and torso warm — it was actually one of her favourites, along with the bright yellow one she'd brought for him — to the patterned socks that disappeared past his cuffed jeans. He was twiddling with his own fingers, clearly itching to run them through his already messy hair.

 The most striking part of him, in Scarlet's opinion, was the fact that he had his glasses on.

 Steve Harrington resented the things. If he had to deal with the blur in his eye rather than deal with his glasses sliding down the slop of his nose, he would... and don't even get him started on contacts.

 Scarlet, however, thought he looked incredibly attractive with his spectacles sat on his pretty face.

 She had noticed their surroundings, of course she had, but Scarlet would always find her eyes falling straight to Steve. It was like muscle memory.

 There were fairy lights interwoven around the room, each one twinkling... They were Robins, Scarlet knew this because of the singular green bulb she'd had to replace on one of the strings. Steve had asked robin for help, and the thought sent her heart fluttering.

 The candles on the table flickered, illuminating the pizza and... chocolate milkshakes. Steve had even gotten one for himself, instead of picking his usual cup of sweetened strawberry.

 Scarlet could feel her cheeks beginning to hurt, and her dimples were crawling ever deeper, "You did this?"

 He shrugged, "The lights are —"

 "— Robins," Scarlet nodded, gently placing her bag against the door, "You asked her for help?"

 Steve breathed through trembling lips, yet he found his panic had begun to simmer away. The look in her eyes was the very same one he'd search for whenever he mutter those three little words. They showed that she loved him... and now they were glittering, candlelight bringing them a shade higher.

 "Well..." Steve began, almost tripping over his feet as he approached, meeting her halfway, "I realised that I've never taken you on a date, and I just... I just wanted to do something nice for you."