𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - girl time

━━━━━━━

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 approached swiftly; the sun had risen with what seemed to be a very personal vendetta against Scarlet Hopper herself. It pierced through the tiny little circular window above her paint-smothered bed, practically clawing through the pane like a wild beast. The beam of sunlight glimmered through the window, dust flitted to and fro, swimming through the small rainbow that had erupted, and papers and pencils seemed to glow beneath the illumination.

 But the heat that radiated when Scarlet had turned to her side — accidentally planting her head directly within the glimmering, and searing hot, beam — and tucked a hand under her pillow just to feel the sweet relief of the cool cotton... she felt as though she'd been set on fire. To make matters even more unfortunate, Eleven had turned from her spot beside her sister, eyes still firmly sealed shut, while a hand slapped out... colliding with Scarlet's already burning cheek.

 The eldest of the two groaned, her attitude easily slipping into an utter huff as she shot upright, soothing her face with the back of her hand, "El!"

 Eleven's eyes fluttered open, fatigued oak-brown glittering with some form of mischief while a sheepish smile tugged at her lips, a yawn peeping through, "Sorry."

 "No, you're not."

 "No, I'm not." Eleven's words were followed with a bout of hearty giggles, especially when a couple of wriggling fingers dove into her waist, squirming like worms and tickling her skin.

 The heat shrouded them quickly, and Scarlet's fingers were swiftly pulled back, slumping to her side whilst a new and fresh sheen of sweat glistened on her forehead. Scarlet knew she could be dramatic, she knew she could... exaggerate things; but truly, the summer was going to end her.

 A hearty huff parted her lips, a line of moisture trapped above her top lip. Her shirt was shed, the back entirely wet and completely gross. It was tossed to the floor in a messy lump and Scarlet made way to tear through her collection of colourful clothes. A green tee was tossed aside after both Scarlet and Eleven had shaken their head. Then a pair of shorts joined. Then a bubblegum pink pair of dungarees were grappled — Robin had actually helped Scarlet dye them — along with a pale blue, cotton t-shirt.

 Eleven mess of frizzed-up curls that had positively exploded thanks to the humidity, bobbed in time with her impressed nod. Her little hands clapped together in delight; she was rather envious, really. She gazed at the vibrant mixture of colours that so loosely resembled a wad of bubblegum with nothing short of a sparkle in her eyes.

 Scarlet noticed immediately, "Hey, we'll get you some new clothes soon too, alright?"

 "Really?" Her hopefulness was enough to warm Scarlet's already scorching heart. Eleven wore the very things Scarlet had previously tossed aside; old button-ups, jeans that the other kids no longer wore and things Joyce or Nancy had happily dropped off.