𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘺-𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 - bribery-flavoured

━━━━━━━

 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 long for Scarlet and Robin to come scurrying back inside Scoops Ahoy with nothing but looks of utter achievement plastered all over their faces.

 Robin had tugged Scarlet along, twisting through the maze of the mall all the while dodging teens like a bunch of bumper cars; she had led them to the County Recorders Office, the very place in which plans for every building within Hawkins were kept. From blueprints to details on plumbing, it was all there... and the plans for Starcourt were now snug within Robin's pale fingers.

 It had taken a bribe or two... or, rather, the handful and a half of tips that Robin had scooped up on their way out but it was worth it, for as Robin spread the scroll over the metal table tucked away within the break room, they all crowded around with intrigue.

 Dustin grinned, his finger tailing over the edge of the paper while Steve merely stood back with hands firmly planted upon his hips, a brow high on his forehead in the utmost confusion. He could only see lines and jumbled-up letters smeared over the paper... thus his eyes stooped to Scarlets, utterly delighted to find that her stare was already directed his way. Though he knew it was likely because she knew he'd lag behind.

 "These," Scarlet said, her wrists flicking towards the paper as though introducing a celebrity to them all, "Are the complete blueprints of Starcourt Mall."

 Dustin bobbed his head; his hat had been abandoned along with his colourful backpack, both slung against the wall while his curls jostled freely atop his skull. He flicked his eyes up, glancing between Scarlet and Robin, "Not bad."

 Scarlet almost felt a sense of pride; it was strange that impressing a bunch of kids always seemed to bring such a bout of happiness to her. The need to impress people — to show them that she could help and be of use — was still there... always lurking in the depths of her mind, but she knew that even if they hadn't procured those plans... Dustin would have found something to be impressed by.

 A light hum buzzed between her lips, on the very tip of her tongue. She laid her hands flat against the paper, eyes watching intently as Robin jabbed her pointer upon the page. Robin tapped just once, "This is us, Scoops Ahoy."

 Scarlet nodded once as she reached over, "And this... is where we want to get to."

 Steve joined her side, his elbow bumping into her own. He really had no regard for personal space, something Scarlet had learned right away. He was always bumping into people, swiftly apologising... this time he didn't, he only threw a quick grin her way before craning over the tabletop.