Journey in Dark Times

Start from the beginning

"Wait! Duck! Are you really gonna go there alone?" asked Emily.

"Emily, just. Go with the others. Oliver? Do you want to-" before Duck could finish, Oliver already had a response.

"No. I am sorry Duck but I want to get to the Mainland." said Oliver with him turning down going to Brendam Docks.

Duck was adamant and exit the yard. The others could only look as Duck was leaving for Brendam. Emily and Oliver said good luck to their dearest friend and he had left their view. Gilbert Gibbs and Gabriel only looks at the horizon. Emily turns to Gordon.

"With Duck leaving for Brendam, maybe Brendam Docks is safe for us here who don't want to face the challenges up ahead

"With Duck leaving for Brendam, maybe Brendam Docks is safe for us here who don't want to face the challenges up ahead." said Emily.

"Please Emily, I hope you aren't going with Duck to the docks occupied by that shady organization." said Gordon crossly.

"I won't Gordon. I won't" said Emily after Gordon remarks.

"Everybody! Let's get going to Vicarstown shall we?" shouted Gilbert Gibbs to everybody in the yard. The passengers were loading in the express coaches and bringing along their essentials like food, drinking water and weapons for protection. Gordon went first with Emily in the middle and Oliver and Toad at the back as they set off to Wellsworth.

The engines passed by Henry Forest. Gordon then reminiscence of Henry loving the beautiful nature here. No wonder why he liked it here.

"Ah. Henry's forest. The favourite place for the green engine." said Gordon as he smiles for the forest.

"I will miss Henry once we get out of the island." said Emily.

"Yeah." said Gordon.

After passing Henry's forest. They look at the Viaduct down below and the river. Gabriel tries to contact people at Wellsworth Station but to no avail.

 Gabriel tries to contact people at Wellsworth Station but to no avail

"I am not getting any contact from Wellsworth Station." said Gabriel to Gilbert.

"That is a red flag, do you think the infection has reached there also?" asked Gilbert.

"Probably." answered Gabriel. Not for long because they have reached to Wellsworth Station but the place is desolate. Empty of all life except for a green diesel in the turntable. Gordon recognized that as a D3 Diesel or known as Bear. Gabriel along with Oliver fireman came to investigate the green diesel but they are shocked at the green diesel aswell corpses of the guards near Bear.