Refusal

"Who did you revive?"

That was the question still running inside Wei Ying's head. But before he could answer, the young boys, approached them and asked what happened.

We told them that it was a false alarm and it was a special event arranged by the staff. Good thing the boys bought it.

After the incident, the boys looked thrilled at all that happened to them. Even Sizhui got a knack for all the creepy things.

However, Lan Wangji never got the chance to ask Wei Ying again.

On their second night, the faculty let the students roam around. Wei Ying's class, however, chose to play with fireworks. They brought a lot of fireworks, set up a barbeque, and spent it merrily.

Wei Ying went inside first. The faculty also had their plan so he had to help him, but Lan Wangji stood his ground not letting Wei Ying inside the kitchen.

"Lan Zhan! I can help!"

"No..."

"I'm a great cook!"

"No... You're not..."

"Lan Zhan!!!" In defeat, Wei Ying was asked to wipe the utensils but was not allowed to touch any of the food. Every time he does, Lan Wangji was always there to save the food from him.

"You're pulling pranks..."

"I'm not! Let me help..."

"No..." Their conversation was almost—no... It was a nonsense conversation.

The faculty also arrange their feast, watching Wei Ying's class play with fireworks, "your students sure is lively..." The innkeeper said, "well mannered at that... Even help us clean the yard in the morning and wash the dishes in the evening..."

"Thank you Ma'am for your praise..."

"My... Don't be... I'm just an old innkeeper... I hope they grew up strong and sturdy..."

Wei Ying and Lan Wangji bowed their head to the old innkeeper. Their faces showed the proud look of a doting parents to their children.

"I'll rip that face if you don't stop grinning..." Meng Yao said.

Both he and Lan Wangji just glanced at him still looking proud and all.

They began their feast. And the bitter woman got on Wei Yin's nerves. Unknowingly, the bitter woman had an ace up her sleeve.

"Improper..." Lan Wangii said, which made Wei Ying laugh so much, "behave Wei Ying..."

The tone that Lan Wangji made was different. Whenever he talked to another person, his voice was always cold and stern, but when it come to Wei Ying, it was an unrecognizable doting tone full of affection.

"You are a good cook Lan Zhan... But why did the Lan Sect always have a banquet with very very very bland food?"

Lan Wangji did not mind him, instead shove a mouthful of the spicy dish he made for him.

The faculty also drank and knew Lan Wangji, the great old drinker Wei Ying is there to save the prince.

Later, the bitter woman gave Lan Wangji a cup of tea which Wei Ying miraculously approved for the first time.

Until the faculty retired one by one to sleep.

"I'll go to the children first .." he said to Lan Wangji, who replied with a nod.

Lan Wangji was still cleaning the dining, not wanting to disturb the resting keepers, he place all dishes and washed them.

He was in the middle of cleaning when he felt very uncomfortable. He shoved the feeling aside and continued with his work. When he felt the sudden warmth inside and the arousal that came to him for almost thousands of years.