TRUTH

Lan Xichen was stunned at the sight before him. With an open gape, he tried to think as if nothing happened. But that huge foolish smile is disturbing.

"Did something good happen to you, Wangji?"

Lan Wangji looks at his brother, "hmm... Nothing..."

Xichen raised an eyebrow. Then he saw two paper butterflies on top of the fridge. He smiled, "did you meet with someone..."

"Wei Ying..." Wangji answered.

"How did those two of you meet?"

"Coincidence..." Wangji, "by stroll."

No wonder his brother is feeling good.

Wangji then remembered the epic parting he had with Wei Ying. They were in the heat of the moment with all the crying and stokes of affection, when the other run away from him because of a chihuahua which suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

He then smiled again, this made Xichen wonder what exactly happen.

"An epic..." Wangji answered his brother's unvoiced question.

This made Xichen relax for a bit, "Wangji... What do you think of this Wei Ying..."

Wangji stared at his brother, "annoying... Loud... But... I've never been close to anyone... But..."

"He's different?" It was enough to understand.

Wangji nodded at what his brother had said. Xichen only smiled at him, letting him choose for himself, but Xichen always told him to not be blinded by his feeling.

"He's destroying every self-control and awareness I've been keeping..." Wangji said.

No wonder, Xichen thought, "then why not try to get close to him?"

"Can I?" He asked.

"If that could make you happy then yes... You're smiling whenever you meet him... Well, except your first meeting..." Xichen said.

"You feel at ease with him right?"

"At the same time, there's pain.." Wangji said, "he felt so close... Yet so far away... Brother... Do you know him?"

Moment of truth...

Xichen suddenly lost his composure, which made Wangji confirm the truth, "does he have any relation with us?"

Xichen hardly thinks. It was wrong of him to push his brother into that person... What should he tell him? That person is his lover? No, he cannot. And he refuses to tell Wangji who that person is... For that promise, he cannot tell Wangji the truth...

"Brother?" Wangji asked.

Xichen heaved a sigh, only to find himself answering, "he was a cultivator before... But he disappeared... From a different sect..."

Not true but also not a lie.

"Brother... I know you've been keeping something from me..." Wangji said, "but I will not force you... I know you have things that you cannot tell me freely..."

'because I don't want the same thing to happen.' Xichen thought, "in the future Wangji... You'll eventually know it..."

'and I hope by that time... Something had already mended your broken heart..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile...

Jingyi let out a deep breath. These peers looked at him and just shrugged. Never know what he is thinking.