Chance

"if you're not going to stop laughing, I swear I'm going to make holes in your body with these needles." Wen Qing roared at the laughing Wei Ying.

"But... Qing-Jie... If only you saw A-Yuan's hand kissing you'll squeal in delight..." Wei Ying said.

After hearing the widespread news, Wen Qing smiled naturally remembering that her nephew had a good life in this lifetime.

"So when are you going to tell them everything?" She asked.

Knowing what a self-sacrificing hero complex Wei Ying is, Wen Qing just shrugged and then shook her head.

"I guess... It's always the same... You'll keep them in the dark right?" Wei Ying froze, "I hope that you'll be able to accomplish what you want to do..."

"This punishment..." Wei Ying stated, "already broke my heart countless times... this time... Lan Zhan, A-Yuan, and everyone will lead a happy life... and I know that you'll stay with me right?"

Wen Qing just smiled, "my only regret in life was not being able to stay by your side when you alone supported us..."

"Thank you Qing-Jie..." Wei Ying smiled.

"But Wei-ge... What do you wish for?"

Wei Ying looked at the timid guy just beside her sister, he smiled and said, "Wen Ning... What is important is that they are happy..."

"But sir Wei... No matter how strong your bond is... If you, yourself do not cherish your own... No one will be happy... Neither you are.."

Wei Ying breathed deeply and smiled. Who on earth does not want to be happy? But Wei Ying thought that it was enough as long the person he cherishes is happy.

He stood up and patted Wen Ning's shoulder, "I won't and will never regret anything..." He said, "I am already contented with everything..."

He then walked outside the pharmacy owned by Wen Ning. While, inside, the siblings shrugged and shook their heads, "no matter how countless times he lived... He would still put everyone's happiness that his.."

"Sir Wei... Do not deserve this pain.." Wen Ning said.

"A-Ning... He chose the rocky road and committed a grave offense... Even the two of us were also given another chance... He never complained and continue with this facade... But..." Wen Qing added, "time will come, he'll have his greatest happiness in life.. we need to always stay with him as a friend..."

Wen Ning smiled.

Wei Ying went to school after that he casually left the Wen siblings. He went to the art room and took canvasses outside for the display he was assigned.

He met Meng Yao, his headmaster on the way who help him bring his work outside.

Wei Ying remembered how was a backstabbing traitor Meng Yao was, but now it's different. He already changed Meng Yao's fate. And now, he stood above else as an educator brimming with endless ideas and enthusiasm as a scholar.

He already stood at the apex of education with his works and brilliant mind on how to teach countless students struggling in life. The Meng Yao who was the thirst for fatherly love now lived a life acknowledged by far more important persons.

"Headmaster... Thank you for helping me!" He said.

"It's okay... You're the only one I could entrust with this work..." Meng Yao said.

"Aw... You certainly have the knack to flatter my ego..." Wei Ying beamed.

"And you certainly do not know how to keep your shamelessness intact..." Meng Yao retorted, "do you have students that will help you?"