Chapter 38 | Haircuts

Start from the beginning

"Y/n I have a plan on how to get back at Carl." Enid spoke standing at the door.

I smiled at her moving to the side so she can come in.

"Go on." I say.

Enid walks in and sees Maggies hair "Oh my god. What happened to your hair?"

She bolted over to Maggies hair touching it.

"I did it, it looks good." I explain to her as she stares at me.

"No. No it doesn't y/n. Don't worry Maggie I'll fix it for you." Enid says picking up the scissors twisting the hair and cutting the ends.

First of all I did an alright job. She didn't need to fix it. Second, I did zero twisting of the hair so maybe it's best if she does sort it out.

After she finished Maggie picked up the mirror looking at her hair. She smiled.

"It looks pretty." I say from the side as Maggie touches it.

"Yeah. I like it. But why?" Enid adds as Maggie still inspects it.

She puts the mirror down and looks at us both "I have to keep going. And I don't want anything getting in my way."

Maggie is always fighting. She's a fighter.

Maggie starts breathing heavily making me move closer to her "Mags. You okay? Did I cut it too short."

"Yeah. I mean I worked with what y/n already did. I... I only used to cut my dads." Enid adds as Maggie slows her breathing down.

"No, it not that." Maggie says closing her eyes, then she screams and collapses down.

I run over to her, Enid doing the same.

"Maggie." I say comforting her by holding her shoulder.

"I'll go get someone." Enid says before she runs off leaving me to comfort a screaming Maggie.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Carl!" I shout following him as he urgently starts to pack weapons. The group came back and now were going to hilltop to take Maggie to a doctor as she needed one urgently.

"Listen, Glenn isn't back yet so I am staying with Maggie." I tell him he turns round facing me.

"No, your not. You need to stay here and help protect it." He tells me.

I send him daggers "Well I'm going to wether you like it or not Carl."

I move beside him picking up a gun but he grabs the end of it stopping me from taking it.

"What the hell Carl? Let go," I start pulling on my end of it and Carl yanks it back "Your acting like such a child. All because you can't tell me what to do."

"Y/n don't be dumb, you think I'd let you go on the road where the saviours are just to get Maggie to a doctor. Don't risk your life for hers," we were now both just yanking on this gun "I'm not letting you end up like most of the people I love have."

"I won't end up like them, and I will always put Maggies life before mine. Now, just. Give it to me-." Carl finally let's go while I'm pulling it towards me and it hits me square in the nose.

"Fuck." I shout. Placing a hand over my painful nose, it wasn't a super hard hit so I don't think it would bruise but it still hurt.

Carl softens his gaze looking at me "Y/n I'm sorry-."

"Y/n I snuck some extra food for you for the journey." Enid says walking in with a small bag of what I assume to be food. I turn my attention towards her, Carl doing the same.

"Thanks I'll need it." I say taking the food off her before looking back at Carl.

"Why are you taking the food your not going?" Carl shouts. Why does he think he can tell me what to do? I'm not gonna let him.

"Carl for the last time. I'm going with Maggie wether you like it or not. She's my sister for gods sake I would never leave her. She's my real family, unlike you. So I'm going." I shout back before I can think about what I just said. Enid stares shocked.

I didn't mean to say he wasn't family it just came out.

Carl doesn't say anything so I take my weapon and my bag and march off to the RV.