Chapter 38 | Haircuts

A/n hey I'm alive.

Glenn and Maggie and the others had left for the saviours. God knows if they were safe.

The only thing I could do was make sure Alexandria was safe.

Most of the time when the group was away, I stayed on watch waiting to protect Alexandria.

As quick as they had left. They came back. When they came back it was devastating news. We were preparing for war.

People were walking around with guns. Lots on watch. People practicing how to fight and people fortifying our walls.

"Want some grapes?" I ask Maggie as I walk into the room stuffing a grape in my mouth.

Maggie was sitting at the table with a hand mirror and scissors.

"What you doing?" I ask her placing the grapes on the side.

Maggie turned to look at me sighing "I want a haircut."

"Okay.." I drown out as Maggie holds the scissors up and passes them to me.

"I want you to do it." She tells me. I take the scissors and stare at her.

Is this woman crazy?

"No you don't-."
"Oh come on just a little trim I can't cut my own hair can I?" She cuts me off giving me a sweet smile.

"Fine. But I'm telling you, you'll regret this." I say as she sits in her seats getting comfy.

I stand behind her and gather her gorgeous brown locks. Now I have to cut this off.

On the table there was an ultrasound picture. Reaching over I pick it up and smile "This is the baby, huh?"

"Yeah. My little bundle of joy. Oh Glenn left this box for you, he said it's a souvenir or something." Maggie passes me a wooden box with a rusty lock.

I place the ultrasound down and hold the box pulling at the lock. It doesn't budge.

I pull at it again. I pull the sleeve of my top down as it was hurting my hand and try to pull the lock again. It doesn't move.

"Stupid fucking box won't open." I whine dumping the box down on the table.

"Um. Language, the baby might hear you shithead." Maggie replies as I pick up the scissors again.

"Call me shithead again and this haircut will not end well." I threaten as she rolls her eyes.

"Just cut it." Maggie says.

I hold the scissors tightly and stand behind her. I place the scissors round a piece of hair.

"Wait, are you sure? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

Maggie sighs "Just do it, before I think about it for too long and change my mind."

"Okay." I reply before I snip off a huge chunk of hair. It falls to floor and I watch it in horror.

"Keep going." Maggie tells me.

I keep snipping her hair. It was now around like chin length. Honestly, my hair cutting skills weren't that bad. I should become a hairdresser.

"After you've done mine, you can do Carls next." Maggie jokes from infront of me.

I laugh "I don't know if he wants me doing that."

A hard banging on the door makes me stop snipping Maggies hair and I place the scissors on the table. Maggie picks up a mirror inspecting her hair as I walk over to open the door.