Chapter 7 | shooting practice

A/N sorry for the time skip I didn't know what to do in all the others. Also I had serious writers block

Y/N POV
It had been weeks, since Lori gave birth. Rick has finally accepted having a child. The babies name is Judith. She's so cute. Carl has mourned over his mother.

I sat on the cafeteria table with the newly born baby gurgling in my arms. Babies are so cute, I would love to be a mum one day.

Her little hand grabs my finger which barely fits around it. I start to move my finger around she starts giggling. So do I, Judith is my new favourite person.

"Your a natural," I slightly turn my head to see Carol walk in watching me "I remember my little Sophia being that small." She mutters her voice cracking when talking about her sadly dead daughter.

"I bet being a mother was the best part of your life." I reply now Judith had let go of my finger. I finally got my finger back yesss.

"Oh it was," Carol says smiling into the distance "but hey you can't dwell on the past." Carol says walking off.

I turn my attention to Judith "your such a cutieeee!" I squeak in a high pitched baby-voice I also squeeze her cheeks.

"Y/N there you are." Rick exclaimed holding out his hands for me to pass Judith to. Oh no he's gonna take my best friend from me. I pass Judith to him slowly.

Carl, dad and Beth were all perching behind Rick watching. I smile at Carl and he gleams back. Ughhh love that boy.

"Judith is going to see the outside world for the first time." Beth bursted out saying like it was a crazy thing that this has happened.

We start to walk outside with Judith cooing in Ricks arms and Carl, me, dad and Beth walking behind. I was linking arms with Beth and dad was walking in a line with us.

I gazed into the lovely distance of flesh eating monsters who demolish everything they see.

Including the lady that was walking somewhat calmly to the gate now. Wait. Lady. Luckily, Rick saw her and talked to her.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
*~time skip~*

Rick and others have gone on a rescue mission to rescue Glenn and Maggie and sort out this man who has been threatening our new home.

According to dad he has a whole community and army so hopefully they don't attack.

I was sitting on the floor in the courtyard outside waiting for them to get back with Maggie I was so worried. She will be ok. She's gotta be ok. But she might not. Nope don't think like that. I start to scratch the concrete on the floor.

"Heyyy," Carl said announcing his presence I still look at the floor although I am relieved to hear Carl "someone else says hi." Carl says again this time in a high pitched baby voice.

I twisted my head so quick seeing there's no Judith just a Carl with a smirk on his face "ha got you." He teased. "You idiot," I fake push him "that was so mean."

"Oh Carl, do you k-know how to shoot?" I question completely changing the subject to something more serious.

"Yes my dad taught me why?" Carl answers.

"Oh I just need to learn that's all," I reply "seems like I might need it." I say laughing I mean look at this world.

"Maybe I could teach you or my dad could? Or maybe even Glenn or Maggie if you want?" He says, the idea of knowing how to shoot a gun in a world like this feels good.

"Yeah anyone will do I just want to learn." I say I don't mind Carl teaching me though actually I would prefer that.

*~time skip~*