☾❦✢𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐊𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐚✢❦☽

Start from the beginning

Removing his right hand from the curve of her hip, he then lifts it to her face, tucking a loose strand behind her ear just so he could see his lovers sleeping face in full, his heart swelling at the adorable sight before him.

A smile couldn't stop itself from forming on the female's face as she felt her lover's gaze, wanting to almost hide away at the thought of him watching her asleep.

He simply thought she was adorable.

Opening her eyes, the girl confirmed her lover with warm gray eyes already looking into her own, sleepy (e/c) ones.

"What are you doing?" She questions as she flipped her face to the other side of the pillow she was cuddling, avoiding his admiring gaze, her cheeks now slightly red and warm.

"What? I can't stare at my beautiful wife?" The blonde spoke, sleep laced his previously unspoken voice.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that." His lover giggled as she looked up from the pillow and looked to her left ring finger which sat a silver band and a single soft diamond in the center, the lighting causing it to shimmer an array of different pastel colors, it was simple indeed but it was more than she ever needed.

"Why not?" The blonde questioned, now moving himself to snuggle her side as she lay on her stomach, admiring her ring.

"Because silly, I don't even remember who you are."

At this, the blonde lifted his head which previously sat in the crook of her neck, yet instead, when he opened his eyes back up it was nothing more than a pillow.

His heart sank.

His smile dropped.

His body slumped.

She was still gone, he was still alone, he was still lost.

Sensing that he was now awake, a certain furball jumped onto the rough springy motel mattress, hoping to gain the blonde's attention.

The female often had bad dreams so seeing the male in his life like this wasn't anything new, in fact, it was basically routine.

He had no idea where the female had gone but he was sure that she would return eventually, all he knew is that she wouldn't get away without some serious premium pets.

Kurapika brought his right hand up to the bridge of his nose, holding it as he sat up from his previous laying position.

His blonde locks fell slightly past his shoulders as he then used the same hand he used to pinch the bridge of his nose to tuck his now long bangs behind his ears, he was indeed due for a hair touchup but he honestly couldn't be bothered with it right now.

Sighing, the gray eyes of the blonde lingered on the orange tabby who in return stared up at him, patiently.

Giving into those bright green eyes of the tabby, Kurapika listened to the telepathic waves Cookie was sending him.

Petting the soft fur of the cat, the chubby furball started to purr with pleasure.

The male wasn't the best petter by no means but in what the female lacked the male made up for it.

For example, feeding him whenever he desired.

The girl kept him on a tight feeding schedule, half a cup in the morning, a cup in the afternoon, and a cup with a half cup of wet food in the evening.

Though cookie missed the wet food, he thought it was an equal exchange to eating more and more often at that.

"Hungry?" The male asked, his voice was low and rumbled with a slight rasp, one part sleep the other part, a dry throat.