Chapter 8: The Runaway

JJ's POV

I was on top of the world. If getting wasted would be what finally got me to tell Skylar how I felt then I should've done it ages ago. I wake up this morning and I see her fast asleep next to me. Even in the morning she looked beautiful and I didn't regret anything in how I confessed, even though I don't entirely remember all of it. I can hear Kie and Pope outside but I just stay right where I am and I watch her sleep. I push a bit of hair off her face and she starts to stir. Her eyes open to reveal her beautiful blue eyes. She looks at me and lightly laughs.

'What are you doing?' she chuckles, closing her eyes again.
'Watching my hot girlfriend wake up'
'You know how creepy that sounds' she mumbles just as we both hear the front door on the Chateau open. Sky opens her eyes again and looks to the door to our bedroom.
'JJ, Sky, where you at?' I hear Pope call from the other side of the door.
'Should we respond' Sky asks me and I shake my head before pulling her closer to me.
'I'd much rather sit in here with you all day then help them with the gold stuff' I say
'Awww, when did you become such a romantic' Sky laughs and I quickly lean in and connect our lips. I make the kiss heated pretty quickly and I hear Sky sigh underneath me and that is all the encouragement I need to move so I'm now on top of her as our kiss turns into a make out.
'Are you guys in her-HOLY SHIT' Pope says and Sky breaks the kiss faster then I could move the kiss forward. We both look to the door to see Pope standing in the doorway with a pretty disturbed look on his face.

'Pope what the fuck man get out!' I yell and I see Sky covering her face with her hands out of the corner of my eye.
'Pope did you find-wow' Kie then joins in and appears in the doorway. When she sees the position we're in she just looks unimpressed but happy
'Seriously guys GET OUT!' I say and Kie puts her hands up.
'This house is public domain for us, do it somewhere more private and get your asses out of bed to come help us, you've got all the time in the world to fuck' Kie says before ushering her and Pope out of the door. Once their gone I turn back to face Sky.
'So where were we' I say leaning down to resume where we left off but Sky puts her hand in front of me.
'Sorry J, Kie ruined the mood, maybe later' she says before pushing me to the side and getting off the bed. Thanks for nothing Kie.

Skylar's POV

That was probably both the funniest and most embarrassing moment of my life. Kie and Pope coming into the bedroom to find me underneath JJ's body was definitely not what I planned this morning but they were right in that we could always spend time together whenever we wanted, right now our priorities should be the gold. I get up and off the bed and go looking through my draw to find a new outfit (picture above).
I start to head to the bathroom to get changed but JJ stops me.
'Hey, why are you leaving to get changed, you could just get changed here' he says from the bed. 'Are you trying to get me naked JJ' I ask and JJ shrugs.
'Your my girl, I'll see it eventually and if that moment a second ago was an indication, why not now' he says pretending to act innocent but I just laugh.
'Nice try Maybank, your going to have to work for that honour' I say with a smirk before turning around and heading to the bathroom leaving a shocked JJ behind me. Once I'm changed I head outside to find JJ sitting the hot tub with a beer in his hand and Kie and Pope were looking at working on the sort of bucket, (I guess that is what it looked like) that we were going to use to get the gold.

'How's it feeling?' Pope asks Kie as I walk up to them.
'Feels good' Kie says
'Taking you down'
'Okay' Kie says
'John B pullin' a Houdini' JJ calls from the hot tub and I look around to see that John b actually was missing.
'Yeah, where is he?' I ask
'I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done!' Pope says and I turn at the sound of footsteps behind me.
'Johnny there you are' I say but he just completely blows me off. He looked pissed.
'Hey! Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything' JJ says
'No, he did not. I did that' Pope says but John b ignores both of them and heads up the steps into the Chateau.
'Hey' Kie says as her Pope and I chase after John b.
'Okay, that's it? Uh... what's that all about?' Pope asks
'I was gonna ask you the same question' JJ says as he jumps down from the hot tub. We all head inside to see John b pretty much ransacking the place.
'You all right, man?' Pope asks
'What... what's up?' I ask, worried. We had never seen John b like this before.
'What are you looking for?' Kie asks
'Bro, what's going on?' JJ asks but once again we all go ignored as John b heads to the pull out couch and lifts the pillows up before grabbing the gun. The rest of us freeze. This was not like him at all.
'John B, what do you need the gun for?' I ask nervous
'Just...'
'No!' Kie starts to say as JJ walks over to John b who just grabs him by the shoulders.
'Talk to us!' JJ yells as John b throws him onto the couch.
'John B, chill!' Kie yells
'What are you doing?' I ask
'What, are you JJ now?' Pope asks but John b pushes him aside making him fall into the table.
'Shi... Are you okay?' Kie says running to help Pope while I run after John b who heads outside.
'John B, what the hell are you doing?' I yell as I throw open the door as John b jumps onto JJ's motorbike.
'John B, what the hell?' Kie asks as we all run down to help him.
'Ward knows about the gold. He killed my dad' he finally speaks as he turns back to look at us. We all freeze at this new piece of information and that gives John b time to turn on the engine and drive off.
'John B!'
'Come back we can fix this' Kie and I yell as we run after him.
'Shit!' JJ says as him and Pope start to run after us. Kie and I don't get that far though before we are outrun by him.