Chapter 7: Dead Calm

Skylar's POV

JJ's lips worked against mine and it felt amazing. Our lips fitted perfectly with each other's and in that moment all my mind could think about was us. It blocked out the noise from the others cheers in the background and all the worried thoughts I was having before about why he had been acting all strangely.

JJ breaks away first and he smiles at me.
'JJ LOOK OUT!' I scream as I see a tree coming straight towards the Twinkie out of the corner of my eye.
'Oh shit' JJ yanks the wheel, throwing it to the right, just missing the tree.
'JJ WHAT THE HELL' Pope shouts
'Sorry guys' JJ calls back before turning to me and leaning over to say something into my ear.
'I'm not sorry for that kiss though'
'Oh my god' My brain swoons and I feel my face heat up as I turn my head to look out the window again.
Today was the best day of my life.

Next morning, Chateau

I slowly open my eyes to the bright sun shining. I rub my eyes and I try to move but I feel restricted. I look down and I see an arm around my waist. I turn as quietly as I can to the right as I see a VERY asleep JJ. I smile and I can't help but blush as I remember what he told me after we kissed last night. After we got back we both passed out together on the pullout couch and from what I could hear, everyone was awake and outside. I make an effort to move but JJ's arms tighten.
"Now where do you think your going?" JJ asks without opening his eyes.
"Out, to see what's going on outside regarding the gold, everyone left us here to sleep it looks like" I reply still making an effort to move.
"Well if they left us here to sleep don't you think we should be sleeping then" he replies opening his tired eyes to look at me and I just melt. He looks amazing in the morning.
"But we have to pay off the gold" I groan, finally managing to wriggle my way out of his grasp and walk towards the spare room where my spare clothes were stocked up.

I come out of the room in my new outfit to find JJ shirtless, with his cap on, walking around the room, looking for his grey T-shirt

I come out of the room in my new outfit to find JJ shirtless, with his cap on, walking around the room, looking for his grey T-shirt. After the kiss last night I can feel my cheeks warming up.
"You find your shirt yet?" I ask from the doorway. JJ turns to face me and smirks.
'No, I haven't but I don't think you care about me finding it' he flirts walking closer to me.
'Well everyone else will care if we try to pay off the gold and your not in a shirt' I respond.
'Well your opinion is the only one that matters to me' JJ says, by now his right up against me and I'm so tempted to run my hands up his chest and pull him into another kiss.
'I feel honoured' I say fiddling with the hem of my shirt
'You know what else matters to me' JJ says leaning his head closer to me.
'What?'
'Making sure you feel like a princess everyday of your life'
'Aw how sweet' I say leaning in myself.
'Do you feel like one now' he asks and I lean back slightly.
'Hmmm, not really, I think I'm missing som-'
I don't get to finish my sentence before JJ pulls me towards him and our lips crash onto each other's for the second time in less then 24 hours. I smile and weave my arms around his neck while his go to my waist. As we make out, slowly I can feel J's hands start to roam around my body, which included occasionally dipping his hands under my shirt to feel the covered skin. I'm on my tiptoes and I could definitely feel JJ getting ready to lift me off the ground and just like that he does and puts me on the counter behind us. We both keep our hands roaming, this could go on forever but then I hear Pope.
'Great. We get this boat winch out, bring it to the basement, drill into the floor. We lower you down and get as much as we can'
I break away from JJ and he gives me a look.
'Are you ok?' He asks
'We have to head out, they'll come in here to wake us up eventually' I say and JJ's head drops to the crook of my neck where he slowly starts to leave light kisses. I laugh and push JJ off me.
'Let's gooooo' I say jumping off the kitchen bench and I'm about to pass JJ but he quickly pulls me back towards him for another short kiss.
'We will resume this later, I'm not done with you yet' he tells me before we both head out. Kie and Sarah are still in the Twinkie, looking at the blueprint plans.
'And, uh... this time we don't drop you' I catch Kie saying as JJ I stop in front of the car.
"That'd be great' John b says before turning to JJ and I.
'Oh the rest of the gang finally wakes up, welcome'
I chuckle while JJ looks at Kie.
'Kie! This better work. We can't pawn this off if there's a giant wheat symbol on it' he reminds her.
'It's gonna work' Kie says while Sarah taps me on the shoulder. I join her in the van and she leans towards me.
'Would you mind explaining the laughing that was going inside, we're you two macking on each other?' She whispers and I roll my eyes.
'Noooo, we just made out' I whisper back and Sarah's jaw drops open as she gives me a hug.
'Finally, I'm so happy for you, are you dating yet?' she asks and I shake my head as Kie gets out of the car and her and JJ head over to the boys where she starts to melt the gold.
'No we are not dating yet, but I don't think I should approach him about it yet until we pawn off this gold' I say and Sarah nods.