Prologue

Disclaimer:
I do this for fun and when I have time, meaning that there can be weeks without updates, but the book won't be unfinished. If the book were to be dropped, there would be a notice as the last post.

This is a fan-fiction, meaning that;

1) I can write the story as I see fit.
2) I did not create the original story and only took inspiration from it.
3) There could be original additions, such as new characters.
4) There could be "out of character" characters.
5) It could contain spoilers.

Timeline;
Overlord: End of Season 4.

More information:

"Spoken dialogue"

[Message]

{Author's Note}

"(quiet speaking/whispering)"

#Thoughts#

*information*

'quote'

<Spell>

Chapter 1: Prologue

Sitting in his office, the ruler of the Great Tomb of Nazarick is preparing some plans for the future. Ainz Ooal Gown was his name, though some knew him as Momonga because such was how others called him before. This being who was feared by many wore a jet-black academic gown adorned with golden and violet edges. His body was devoid of skin and flesh, showing no more than his bones. This red orb floating under his ribs emanated a feeling of dread. His eye sockets were empty, only a tiny dark red glow could be seen radiating from there. This undefeated being has been titled, The Overlord.

The place was quiet, no sound could be heard. Well, except the noise of papers that were moved around. This silence remained until a knock on the door was heard by the ruler.

"Enter." Informed the undead.

When these words exited The Overlord's mouth, an impeccable beauty came in. It was Albedo. She had lustrous jet-black hair and the face of a goddess. With her golden irises, vertical pupils and those two horns protruding crookedly from her temples. She had two black angel wings on her waist and wore a pure white dress with silky gloves and a golden spiderweb necklace covering her shoulders and chest.

The woman advanced towards her lord's desk, kneeled and said. "Ainz-sama, I had an outrageous thought. Just thinking about it again is... unbearable. Please forgive me." and started to cry.

"Now, now, calm down, Albedo. Tell me what it is." the skeleton responded.

"I-I can't... these words cannot be heard by your grace. I deserve death!" She said, putting her weapon at her throat, ready to slice.

"Wait! Stop." were the words that exited the undead mouth before entering the succubus' ears, which made her stop and look up with teary eyes.

"Tell me what is wrong, then I will decide." he said.

*Few Moments of Silence*

"W-Well, you see... I-I wondered; what would happen if Ainz-sama were to die in battle? These thoughts are a disgrace, never should I be allowed to live after those." she informed.

"Albedo... you shouldn't concern yourself about such things. Ainz Ooal Gown never knew defeat and this won't change." the undead said, which made the succubus a little better.

"Y-Yes, of course!" she said and asked, "D-Do you... still love me, Ainz-sama?".

"Well–" Ainz was going to answer the question, but the door slammed open to reveal two dark elves.