𝔹𝕌𝔹𝔹𝕃𝔼ℝ ; Personal Bubble

Start from the beginning

(Name) lowered their first, shoving their hand back in their pocket. Nino sighed silently, relieved and thanked Marinette in his head for her sudden appearance. Adrien glanced at his two friends before smiling back at the girl-

"Hey"

"I-I...-" Marinette's cheeks flushed red, fiddling with the gift behind her and began to stumble on her words, "Wanted to gift you a make! I mean- gift you a give I made! I mean-"

Nobody noticed Chloé standing beside her yawning before finally getting tired of her struggles, harshly pushing her away to the side-

"Out of a way!"

And like a light switch, she immediately switched her tone to a sickeningly sweet one while clasping her hands together and placing them on her cheek, leaning her to the side.

"Happy Birthday, Adrikins~!"

As the blonde wrapped herself around the boy's neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek, the (Color) haired teen looked away with disgust, taking a step to the side.

They preferred the clumsy one wasting their time over- whatever she is.

"Yeah thanks, Chloé" Adrien lightly pulled away, not that surprised as he should be at her antics. With her hands still resting on his shoulders, she asked "Did you get the gift I sent you~?"

Adrien blinked, raising an eyebrow and answered quite hesitantly "Uhh.. No?.."

"What!?" Chloé uttered with a fake gasp, letting go of his shoulders and balled her hand into a fist as she glared at it "Those delivery guys! I bet it was toooo heavy so they had to get another guy to help!"

You're on her brain level if you actually believed that.

"Slackers!" The blonde cursed, exaggerating her words with gestures and expressions before wrapping her arms around his neck yet again, smiling "I'll make sure you get it by tonight~"

And finally, after a final peck on the cheek did she sashayed away.

"I'm willing to bet she's lying" Nino spoke once she was out of earshot, lightly punching his best friend on the chest.

"Don't bet on something so obvious, it makes you look stupid" (Name) commented, earning an eye roll from the dj.

"We really need to work on your people skills"

Adrien shook his head lightly at the two before letting out a soft chuckle. Although yes, he was upset about how his birthday is being spent- he was glad he had more friends to hang out with to make his day better.

"If I can get a decent-looking model to like me, also adding the fact he sees me as a friend, I can deal with average people." The (Color) haired teen stared with under toned confidence and a scoff. Those words suddenly struck the said model and all of the sudden, his face felt like the sun was staring at him.

Yeah, sure. Friend.

[Beep beep beep]

The sound of a car honking ended their small bickering and helped the boy calm his face in time.

"I gotta go.. Photoshoot" Adrien saddens a bit but still smiled. He waved at the two goodbye as he walked away and entered the car. And with that, he left.

Watching the car leave, Nino tilted his cap forward "I guess that leaves us with our busine- Hey! Where are you going!?"

He turned his head only to find the (Color) haired teen walking away while glancing at the pigtailed girl- who stared back- from before. They looked away and kept walking and gave Nino a simple wave.

"To do my 'business', see ya"

Honestly, what else did he expect?

◆ ...

Strings tie things together. Though, the teen believed other wise despite the fact they were stitching the arm in place of the plush doll. Their eyes focused on the needle going through it's body, finally securing it with a knot before cutting the string.

Personally, they believed strings are much like relationships. Tie them together too much and eventually, they'll feel the pain of never letting go.

"It looks amazing, young master!" The kwami on their shoulder fond over. (Name) stared at their creation, tugging on the arm lightly to test it out. Their eyebrows furrowed and they sat the plush down, rubbing the middle of their eyes.

"Thanks, Kurrai.. But I'm giving a fourteen year old a toy of himself"

"Young master.. he watches anime..."

"Yeah, and this is a plush doll" (Name) sighed and placed the gift back inside it's box, covering it with wrapping paper. Kurrai watched as his holder have second thoughts, holding the little note that had their name on it.

"Are you afraid that he won't like it?"

"What? No. I wasted my time on this, he better like it" They said, mostly to convince themselves. Now if there's one reason why they hate giving, it's because the constant questioning of one's worth if the one receiving dislikes it.

Isn't it almost like a test where you have to wait until the end to know your result?

(Name) forced themselves to shove those thoughts away, placing the doll inside it's box filled with confetti. After sealing the gift with the usual ribbon on top did they suddenly hear a scream and the sounds of utensils falling to the ground.

Eyes were wide as they burst through their door and ran to the living room, their kwami following them as fast as he could.

"(Name)!" Gran Gran called, eyebrows frowning as her hand touched the bubble trapping her. The old lady saw a familiar fear in the teen's eyes, and her frown turns upside down to give them a reassuring smile.

The teen froze slightly at the smile, but took a few breaths and watched as the bubble took their family away with a calm look on their face. And yet, the silence made the kwami uncomfortable as he looked at them.

"Young Master.." he quietly called out, flying over to get a good look at them.

"I'm good." They responded to his concern, walking over to the open window and noticed the adults in the air, bubbles as their cages. Their eyes narrowed,

"Kurrai, let shadows fall"