unfamiliar

"Riders!"

Sakiko gives a quick signal at Dianne's call. Kids and elders are gathered at once and able bodies are running to the gates with weapons.

"Keep low- hit them before they even see us," Sakiko leads, handing a gun to Alden, "Shoot only when needed. Otherwise, spears and bows only."

"How many?" Tara asks.

"Six," Dianne answers before pausing, "No.. Wait.."

Dianne turns, looking down to Sakiko. Her eyes held a knowing look and Sakiko sighs, lowering her bow to her side.

"Which one?" Sakiko questions.

"Her."

"Great," Sakiko scoffs, "Just fuckin' peachy."

Dianne turns attention back to outside the walls as Michonne and the rest of her group ride up.

"State your business," Dianne keeps a cold tone.

"We're here for Rosita," Michonne answers.

The sound of the woman's voice after all these years makes Sakiko's lip curl in anger.

"We met your messengers on the road," Siddiq finishes for Michonne.

"And the others?"

Sakiko's head perks. There were more? People that Dianne didn't recognize? What kind of game was Michonne playing here. Why, after all these years..?

"They're good people looking for a home. I told them Hilltop would consider taking them in."

"They drop the weapons," Sakiko informs Dianne, "They're not coming in, otherwise."

Dianne nods, keeping contact with Michonne. She leans forward on the walls, giving Michonne a knowing look.

With annoyance, the Alexandrian people drop their weapons and Sakiko gives the signal for the gate to open.

"You sure about this?" Alden questions.

"Yeah, I mean.. If you want us to take over so you don't have to.." Enid offers.

"It's fine. I got this," Sakiko squares her shoulders.

It takes a couple minutes before Michonne and Sakiko lock eyes and the gate closes behind the group.

"I heard about Maggie and Glenn leaving. You're in charge now?" Michonne speaks first.

"I am," Sakiko nods, "You here as a leader or as Carl's messenger?"

"Both. Both, plus a concerned friend."

"Right," Sakiko scoffs, "Well, you'll have to wait. Rosita is still resting up and the others are out looking for Eugene."

"Eugene's missing? Since when?"

Sakiko couldn't help the shit eating grin on her face as she was baffled by Michonne's leadership.

"Figured you would know. But, Aaron is leading a group to the spot they found her and then my dad is tracking from there."

"Aaron's here?"

Sakiko laughs.

"Goddamn, Mama Mich," Sakiko sarcastically grins, "You really don't know shit about your own people, huh?"

"I'm not here for a fight."

"This time? Not like the past times you came bursting up in my walls with a vendetta against me, huh?"

Michonne takes a deep breath, "I'm not here for a fight."

Sakiko huffs, a grin still on her face. She crosses her arms, shifting her weight to her other leg, "Aaron is out on the search team to find Eugene."