Carl was playing with Daphne, the baby finding extreme amusement in the faces he would make at her after he poked his head out from behind his hat.

The boy said he wanted more practice for when his sister is born, that he might as well learn from the baby that he likes spending time with to do so. Nina enjoyed watching the two interact like siblings so she let him 'practice' with Daphne.

Nina rolls her neck and stops when her head in on his broad shoulder. She thought herself pretty sly.

Daryl felt the corner of his lip twitch at the action, finding it both funny and comforting at the same time.

"Shouldn't be too long now," Lori answers T-Dogs previous question, her eyes on Daryl and Nina as well as Carols.

Carol and Lori had yet to give Daryl their own talk. The ones in which they informed him that if he hurts her in any way, shape or form he will be decapitated by their bare hands. The likely hood of him hurting her is more unlikely than unlikely because Nina would nip that shit in the bud, but she seemed pretty down when he stopped interacting with her, so they couldn't be too careful.

The two were letting him recover from the separate vague threats everyone else contributed to. Maggie drew him a note with the stick figures of Nina and Daryl, Nina crying because of something he did and Maggie behind him with her knife. Hershel walked past him with his finger sliding horizontally across his neck- those were the nonverbal ones.

Everyone trusted Daryl and he's a part of the family, but if he did something to hurt the woman it would cause a huge rift in the group. Just as Daryl knew everyone was only doing what they were doing to protect the bond of the group and his along with Nina's feelings.

"Can't wait 'till summer, need to work on my tan. This weather is sucking all the colour out of my skin." And it was true. Nina was as pale as a ghost in winters, dismiss the rosy cheeks, that's how it's always been. She burns at first and then quickly turns into a tan, she needs that bad right now.

"I couldn't agree with you more." Beth agrees, snuggling into the knitted blanket.

"I don't know about you, but I do enjoy the limitless water supply." Carol smiles. Carol had always been a winter woman, she loved the cute hats and adorable mittens, especially with a warm cup of hot chocolate between her hands.

Carl walks over to Nina and places the baby in her arms, pulling a face. Carl quickly figured out that Daphne was hungry when she grabbed at his chest and grabbed at his shirt. It weirded the boy out to say the least, he wasn't expecting it- caught him off guard.

The mother chortles and stands up before moving upstairs to feed her daughter. Nina rocks side to side and hums, Daphne quickly falling asleep under the spell of the milk and slept in her crib peacefully. Daryl knocked on the door and Nina let out a quiet 'come in'.

She hears his footsteps behind her, once they stop she leans her back against his front, his arms holding around her stomach. The both of them staring out the window and admiring the scenery.

"Carol's startin' soup, asked if you would help 'er," He tells her, delivering what Carol had asked. But Nina wasn't listening, instead just squinting her eyes and pushing herself off of him and out of his arms.

Stepping closer to the glass, Nina spots a small figure a little ways away, struggling to run through the thick snow away from a couple of walkers.

"Someone's out there." She points, showing Daryl. Daryl hesitates for a second, debating whether or not he should stay with her. As if sensing his turmoil, she places a gentle pushing hand on his chest and that's all he needs to sprint out of the room. Devil be damned if anyone is going to get close to Nina and Daphne, they'll be safe and he'll make sure of it.