"sorry?"

she leaned closer, "i said i love jane austen."

'love.' the sweet tone of her voice murmuring that certain word was like lucid to him.

"jane austen? i've only read pride and prejudice, that's one of her works if i am not mistaken."

"you're not," she stifled a smile, realizing that their walk to the library was longer than usual but talking about books with the wind this gentle was relaxing and stress-relieving. "you should try emma sometimes - actually, do try all of her books. she's an amazing writer."

"emma, alright, i'll try that." he chuckled, not wanting to point how a glimpse of happiness made its way through y/n's eyes as she continued to talk about books, classics, and jane austen.

"what's your favorite book?" she finally asked.

"at the moment, it would be 'do androids dream of electric sheep.'" albedo replied, opening the library's door for y/n. "it's a dystopian science fiction."

y/n looked around the library; aside from the pile of books neatly arranged in every bookshelf with labels - there were no people, even the librarian who never leaves her place, was unusually not there.

"not a fan of it but i'll give it a try."

"i could lend you my copy. i annotated it."

she turned around to look at him, her eyes confused. "you annotate books too?"

"i do?"

she frowned as she walked across the section with albedo on her back. the blonde couldn't help but to chuckle after seeing her reaction; she's still as competitive as ever but it was unusual for her not to start a fight or leave a sarcastic remark.

as they reached the last aisle, she stopped and looked at him. "let's do an essay about a book here, yes?"

"i just know you won't take 'no' as an answer."

a proud smile appeared on her lips, "you know me well." and looked at him again, "so yes? you agree?"

"my answer doesn't matter anymore -"

"it does!" she exclaimed, "i don't want to hear you tell our teacher that i didn't let you choose. i need to hear the answer from you, albedo."

he chuckled, "alright, alright. i agree; let's write an essay about a book."

yet again she smiled, her hands delicately passed through book to book. she was looking at them carefully, with an intense focus and dedication. until she reached a certain book, it didn't look like it was on its best condition, the title wasn't hooking at all but as she read the synopsis - she grabbed the book and showed it to him.