Chapter 9: A Once Lost Friend

Kion and Rani woke up the next morning, and headed to the tree of life. The rest of the Night Pride was waiting. "Finally your here," Baliyo complained. There were 2 gazelles ready to be eaten. Everyone ate. Kion licked his muzzle and asked,"what am I doing today Rani?" "You and me are doing patrol," Rani replied. "Ok." Kion and Rani walked off. The headed to the mountain pass first. There they saw a almost white lioness with green eyes. Kion jumped infront of Rani. "Who are you!" He ordered. "Wait Kion," Rani looked past Kion's golden pelt. "Oral?" Rani asked. "Rani?" Oral replied. "OMG Oral it's you!" Rani ran up and nuzzled Oral. "I've missed you so much!" Oral nuzzled Rani. "So is this your boyfriend?" Oral asked. "Boyfriend?" Kion asked walking beside Rani. Rani blushed,"uh no." "So he's your guard?" Oral asked. "No." "So what is he?" Oral asked confused. "He's just a friend," Rani replied.

Kion walked a away a bit to give the friends some space. "He's cute," Oral whispered, "you sure he's not your boyfriend?" "No he's not, but we do share a den," Rani explained. "OMG you share a den with the hot lion!" Oral shouted. "Oral shh! But yes I do," Rani said. "So has he made a move on you yet?" Oral asked excitedly. "Oral! But no he hasnt," Rani replied. "Oh that's sad," Oral said. "Let me take you to the tree," Rani offered. "Yeah!" Rani and Oral walked to the tree, and Kion followed close behind.

When they arrived, Oral complained,"I'm hungry!" "I can get you something," Kion offered. "But your a male, " Oral said raising an eyebrow. "Trust him," Rani said. "Ok, I want a Rhino!" Oral shouted. "Be right back," Kion took off. "There's no way he's getting a Rhino," Oral chuckled.

A few minutes later, Kion arrived at the tree with a Rhino, killed in one bite. Oral's jaw dropped. Kion chuckled. Rani and Oral ate while Kion kept guard. He noticed something. There was a weird lion at the pass, surrounded by leopards. They looked threatening, so Kion ran to the pass. Rani looked up from the Rhino. "Where's Kion going?" She asked. Oral looked up. "Predators!" She shouted. Oral and Rani ran to help Kion, but when they arrived, Kion was winning. Then he said, "I'm sick of this," he used the roar of the elders, and sent them flying. He kept roaring until he passed out. "KION!" Rani shouted. She ran up to him and licked his cheek in an attempt to wake him up. "Rani?" Kion asked. Rani blushed and Oral chuckled.
"Kion you need to eat," Rani ordered. "Fine," Kion replied getting up. Rani, Kion, and Oral walked back to the tree.