Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"He did not want to. He wanted Nina as his mate."

I shook my head. "His wolf was pissed that she was thinking of getting an abortion, the mark was an accident."

Clutching my seatbelt tightly I turned to him. "So you're saying you can't accidently mark and mate someone? So your emotions or any substance that may affect your emotions or actions don't play a factor in it at all?"

"No."

But what about us?!

Vladamir only marked and mated me because we were both pissed and out of our heads, there was no way he would have done it if we were both sober. I know for a fact that I would not have slept with him then if I was sober.

"Wait, I don't understand."

Vladamir muttered something in a different language but this time I had a feeling he was insulting me, I could tell by the way he was staring at me.

"What is it Leanne?" He sounded both exasperated and bored at the same time.

"You said you can't accidently mark and mate someone even if you're under the influence of something. You have to want to mark and mate that person." I paused for a few seconds before continuing. "What about us?"

Nothing was said between us after I asked that question, Vladamir was looking straight ahead, his eyes were narrowed and one of his hand was gripping the steering wheel tightly.

I wanted to ask the next question out loud but decided against it.

Does that mean deep down he wanted to mark me?

"Vladamir?"

"Stop talking."

I was going to ignore his rude words but the look of his face made me snap my mouth shut. He had a strange look on his face and it looked like he was thinking about what I said.

Vladamir had to be wrong, there was no way he wanted to mark and mate me. It had to have been the alcohol. That's all this was, a drunken mistake.

Right?

The remainder of the journey was tense and I put the music on to ease some of the awkwardness in the car. I did at one point start joining in with the singing but that ended quickly when Vladamir sent me a nasty glare that screamed shut the fuck up. I don't know what his problem was, I had a very good singing voice.

After twenty minutes of driving we stopped in front of a semi-detached house that had a beautiful large lawn at the front. This didn't seem like a place a Witch would live in, I expected something more gothic looking or mysterious.

"Is that where she lives?" I asked Vladamir as I peered though the passenger side window.

"Get out." Was the answer I got.

If anyone should be in a bad mood, it should be me! I was the one that was being forced to go to some random person's house to break a stupid bond I never wanted in the first place.

"Arse." I muttered as I stepped out of the car. I had barely moved an inch away from the car when the house door swung open.

A woman who looked to be in her mid-thirties appeared out nowhere and beckoned us towards her door. She didn't look like a Witch, or what I thought a Witch would look like. Instead she looked like a regular person. Her dark hair was flowing freely behind her and her light-coloured eyes were twinkling with warmth. She was dressed in a pale pink jumper and jeans and the only thing odd about her was her shoes. She wasn't wearing any.

"Are you sure we're at the right house?" I whispered to Vladamir who ignored me and started walking towards the house.

"Okay then." I muttered. He was clearly sore about what I had asked about earlier and I had a feeling he would still be like this for a while.

Before I entered the house I turned my location on and sent it to Nina with a quick message explaining that if I didn't call her in an hour or so to send help to this location. Nina's response was immediate and I knew she must be worried and confused as she rang me as soon as she read the messages.

I should have paid attention to my surroundings when I entered the house just in case I needed to escape but instead I texted Nina explaining that I was fine for now and I was with Vladamir who was transferring the bond to someone else. My text was answered with a flurry of more confused and rapid texts all asking what the hell I was talking about.

See! I wasn't the only person who was completely confused about this whole bond transferring crap!

I put my phone away when I almost tripped and fell over some stairs. Looking up I realised that I definitely should have paid attention to where I was going because in front of me there were some dark stairs that led to a poorly lit room. I think it was a basement which was unusual as I don't think I know anyone who has a basement. The houses here weren't designed to have basements.

I must have paused on the stairs for too long because next thing I knew Vladamir was pulling me down those stairs without a word.

"What the hell!" I screamed as I tried to control my footing, last thing I wanted to do was fall and hit my head here.

Vladamir didn't let go until I reached the dark room which did meet my expectations. Light was brought into the room by several candles that were scattered all across the room. On one of the dark coloured painted walls was a huge bookcase filled to the brim with what seemed like a hundred books. There was a large table pushed against the wall that contained strange objects and vials filled with different coloured liquids.

My eyes scanned the room frantically as a sudden uneasy feeling began to build in my body. It could have been the room, the fear of the unknown or the older woman with long greyish hair that was staring at me.

"Vladamir." The woman moved her eyes away from me but I still felt as though she was staring at me.

"Selene." Vladamir said from beside me. He was still holding my arm however his grip wasn't as tight as before and now it was somewhat comforting. "This is Leanne."

Selene's piercing gaze turned towards me again and I resisted the urge to shiver. Something about her wasn't right, Vladamir may trust her but I certainly didn't.

"Where is Thalia?" Selene questioned, her eyes moved back to Vladamir's and thankfully remind there.

Thalia? Who's that?

"She needs to be here as well." The woman reminded Vladamir who began to pull out his phone.

"Who's Thalia?"

I asked Vladamir the question but it was Selene who answered.

"She is the woman who will become Vladamir's new mate."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter

What do you think of what Vladamir said, do you think deep down he wanted to mark Leah?

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

I know my uploads have been very sporadic, unfortunately my health has been rocky again so I'm in and out of hospital at the moment which is why I haven't had much energy or time to upload. I'm trying my best to upload on all platforms and respond to everyone but please bear with me.

It's a sh*tty feeling and all I want to do is go back to feeling normal again. Anyways I know I shouldn't complain so much, I'm doing so much better than I was a few months ago and while I would have liked my recovery to be smooth, I should have known there were going to be bumps in the road.

Anyway back to the story, next chapter will be up in a few days but you can read ahead (50+ chapters) on www.patreon.com/kayy_B

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx