Sweet Words And Trouble

Comenzar desde el principio

"Get to the point, what the hell do you want?" I ask and fold my arms above my chest.

"I want us to get back together." He quickly replies in one breath.

Are you kidding me right now?!

"Wait, did you run into me by sheer coincidence or did you know I was at the bakery beforehand?" I question skeptically.

It doesn't make any sense. You happen to run into your ex three years later and than ask them to get back together? It's weird and uncalled for.

"Are you really calling me a stalker right now?" He asks with a raised brow.

"If not you, who else? Besides, the crime rate has recently increased so you can't blame me for being skeptical." I inform him.

"How the hell do you even know that?" Realization hit him as he answered his own question, "Oh wait, you're a lawyer, shit."

"Hmm, if you knew that why ask me if I was still a lawyer a few minutes ago? Are you that desperate to get back together to the point of starting meaningless small talk?" I question.

He avoided my gaze and looked the other way.

Pitiful.

That was the best way to describe him and he knew it.

Brandon has always been confident and walked with his head held high. Even if he got into trouble, he wouldn't be embarrased and would admit to his mistakes with a genuine apology if need be. I liked that about him when we dated. He was straightforward and wouldn't beat around the bush when some things needs to be addressed. As a result, we didn't have much disagreements and if we did it'd be resolved with a little talk.

"You have some nerve to come up to me and expect me to say yes to you." I inform him.

"I know I messed up and I can apologize to you as many times as you want, I'm really sorry. I've been trying to get over you after we broke up but it's hard. I've tried dating other women but it just...felt wrong. So, when I saw you inside I just..." He trailed off.

Why the hell is he making it seem like it was because of me our relationship ended?

I snapped.

He looked all sorry and sad now but sure didn't look one bit near it three years ago.

"You sure as hell didn't seem fucking sorry when your dick was down that girls throat at a party. And when I asked why you did it, what was your response? That I don't make enough time for you which led to you seeking for a so-called comfort from someone else."

"If you were unhappy with the way things stood the solution would've been talking to me. I'll admit, I didn't pay alot of attention to our relationship but that doesn't give you the right to do what you did. What made it worse was you trying to shift the blame on me. I may seem cold sometimes but I have feelings to and for the first time in my life, I felt betrayal because of you."

"And who knows? Let's say I do get back together with you, how can I be sure you won't do the same thing?
What will you do then? Come back three years later and tell me how sorry you are?"

He didn't say anything and was still avoiding my gaze with his head hung low. I walked closer to him and said in a calmer but clear tone:

"The reason why our relationship ended was because of your fucking pride and arrogance."

Yes he was confident and well spoken but that doesn't mean he was perfect in every aspect. Brandon hated when his pride got hurt and would find a way to hurt someone else's. It could've been a simple game of cards, he'd try and find a way to make someone else feel like shit if he lost. At a later stage, he started becoming manipulative and his arrogance skyrocketed. He never tried any tricks on me so I never really had a problem. But that doesn't mean I didn't step in when his mind games went too far when done on someone else.