48.

"I'm fine. But I'll leave now.." I say while eyeing the door. I can feel my eyes well up with tears knowing how stupid I was to think we could be a thing. 

"Chaewon please don't." he says while holding onto my sleeve. 

"Heeseung let me go. Spend time with the girl you'll have for the rest of your life. This isn't going to work. And don't you dare do anything to mess up your life." I say before trying to leave but he just grabs me again. 

"What are you saying? Princess, please. We haven't even tried yet, what's so wrong? I told you I can stop the wedding so please-"

"Heeseung stop. Have fun Yookyung. Sorry." I say before shaking him off and walking out with tears clouding my eyes. 

I run into my house and into my room, trying hard not to trip on my own two feet. I cry into my pillow and I'm somewhat shocked that I still have tears that come out. 

I hear the doorbell ring many times but the doors unlocked. I hope Heeseung doesn't know that. I really don't want to see him and talk. 

~

Heeseungs POV:

"Shit." I scream while running my hands frantically through my hair. I feel everything go blurry for a second but I calm myself down before I get another panic attack. 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I'm okay. Breath, breath. 

"Heeseung are you okay?" Yookyung asks while patting my back but I just shrug her off and continue to focus. 

"I'm sorry. Yookyung I really didn't mean for it to turn out like this. I put you in a bad position right?" I ask while looking at her now. She doesn't have her smile off her face and shakes her head. 

"It's okay. And I'll be fine, Heeseung. Your literally such a great person, I know you don't mean any harm. And anyway, maybe I can also date the one I want like you. I'll break off the marriage, now go get your girl." she says making a spark light up in my heart. Do I finally have a chance with Chaewon? 

"Oh my gosh, Yookyung I can't thank you enough. It was great meeting you for these past weeks. Next time we meet, I hope we both are with the ones we want." I say while shaking her hand, bowing and running out the door. 

I go straight to Chaewon's door and knock like crazy. Please please please. If I broke her heart another time, I won't forgive myself. I'll cut my heart out and put it on a plate if it means she's okay. 

"Chaewon! Please! Let's just talk for two seconds!!" I scream but silence answers me. A gush of wind slaps my back and throws me back to reality. I notice the door is swaying in front of me due to the wind but I immediately close it again in a reflex. 

I don't want to seem like that obsessive person and quickly frankly its rude to intrude. She needs her space, I get that but I just want to explain myself before she can think horrendous things about me. 

I turn my back to leave but before I can, I knock one last time for good measure I guess. 

I'm such a fucking dumbass. I should've listened to what she wanted, I should have ended the marriage when she asked me to. 

~

A couple days later~

Chaewon keeps ignoring or when she can't, she keeps our conversations dry. I want her so badly but I ruined it all. 

But today's the day. I hope everything turns out, and hopefully I can be free to date who I want. 

I want patiently on the dining table, doing some homework, waiting for the magic to happen. I shake my leg under the table, not being able to control it. I'm nervous. I really hope this turns out. 

"Fucking hell!!" I hear him scream as soon as the door closes behind him. He shatters something but I act like it doesn't phase me. 

"I told you to fucking find that bastard and take care of him! Send me the info." he screams into the phone while sitting in the chair across from me. 

"What happened?" I say, acting like I care. 

"Some fucking idiot put photos of me in a club all over the internet. This fucking dumbass, I'm gonna find them and make them pay. My company is in a mess!?! How could this even happen!??!" he screams while smashing yet another pot. 

"Oh. That's terrible. Who would do something like that?" I say sarcastically and he catches on quick.

"You. You fucking-" he gets a notification from his phone. I embrace myself for something to happen. 

"You idiot. You absolute fucking idiot. My sources tracked the content and it's right here. Was this you?!?" he shouts, yet again. 

"So mad for getting what you deserved? Admit it, you deserved this. Now watch as your company crumbles." I say while giving a small smirk. 

"My company is fine!! Everything is-" before he can continue, now I get a notification. 

"Well. Doesn't look like it." I say while showing him the texts. He reaches in and his eyes widen at the sight of it, like he's seen a ghost. 

The text reads "Your father has been dismissed of the chairman position, because you are the heir of him, you now own this company. You can choose to give it to someone else, or decline it. You also get all the shares and money your father had deposited into the company. It will be wired to your account, but let's just say your set for life. Thank you."

"Now that this house is mine, and your going to jail, get out." I say while pointing at the door. I stand up but my legs feel weak and like their going to break. I'm so nervous. So scared.

"You fucking-" before he can continue, I hear the police sirens going off like crazy outside. 

"If you don't want to get out, you can be taken by force." I say while the cops rush in through the door, there's at least 15 of them. 

"Thank you. Take him away and lock him up for a long time. I'll send you guys the information on his illegal drug use, sex trafficking, and assault." I say while one of the cops hand me a slip of information. I can feel the tension of the cops, and I see some of them look madly confused. 

"We can give you time to say goodbye, we apologize-"

"Take him. I can't handle another minute with that dumb fuck. Father, I wish the best." I say sarcastically as the police bow and take him out. 

I walk out with them and see everyone out of their houses and staring. Everyone is so nosey. This is good. I hope they spread rumors on my father. 

"Heeseung! A-" I hear Chaewon's distressed voice while she runs up to me. I examine her face, and her makeup is ruined and tears are streaming down her face. 

"Ma'am you-" before the cop can continue I stop him from touching. 

"Don't touch her." I say while moving Chaewon out of the way. 

"Are you okay?! Heeseung I hear things breaking and the police sirens and I got so scared-" 

"I'm okay. Chaewon, I'm okay." I say while holding her up, since she seems weak and scared. 

"Chaewon, everything's over. I ended the marriage, a couple days ago, I got rid of my father." I say while pulling in for a hug. This hug is more for me than her, I need this. 

"Are you okay? Like emotionally. You lose your mother, and now... Heeseung, you are young, I don't trust you can live alone." she says worriedly. There's where she's wrong. I've always lived 'alone'. I had to fend for myself every since I was young, my father being gone all the time. 

She was always there. Chaewon, and her whole family always fed me, bought me toys, and most of all they genuinely cared for me. 

"Chaewon, I have you. I've always had you." I say while smiling fondly at her. 

"Well what are you going to do now? I will be here for you and supporting your decision all the way. As a friend." she says while putting a friendly hand on my shoulder. I hope she's joking on the friends part. 

"You just sit tight, I'll figure everything out. And I have to speak to your parents on something." I say whole taking a deep breathe. 

~

Word count: 1436❤️❤️❤️