Chapter XX: Calamity

Start from the beginning

'Is he...calling for me...?' He thought, knitting his brows together as the crowd was once again filled with murmurs. Then, someone spoke.

"Come on." The voice said.

At that moment, the men in the group began to raise a loud commotion as they heard the sound of footsteps along with several people being pushed aside for no apparent reason. Then their eyes narrowed out of disgust.

Takemichi, on the other hand, couldn't quite see the male just yet until he finally made it to the very front of the crowd, slowly passing by him with a mean glare on his face.

'Yeah...of course, it wasn't gonna be me...' He blushes out of embarrassment.

Such a ridiculous thought made him feel even dumber than usual. It wasn't until the two males marched past him that his embarrassed smile vanished. Then, almost as if in a movie, everything slowed down and time came to a halt.

The two men storming past Takemichi were intimidating to say the least; one was about 7 feet tall and the other was probably no taller than himself. But that wasn't the source of his sudden bad mood. It was the face of the shorter male.

Has he... seen him before?

When the shorter male turned in his direction, immediate air caught in Takemichi's throat. Everyone else saw it as a passing glance, but Takemichi? It was either a mocking or triumphant expression.

Takemichi's breathing became labored as he finally put the pieces together. That look, those glasses, the way his aura radiated only bad news? Everything had finally added up. And Takemichi couldn't help but mentally scold himself for not noticing sooner.

'I've seen him before...' He thought, slowly rotating from his frozen state and turning his focus back to the two males. And as they approached Mikey, the shorter one sat in front of the commander, with his back turned to him.

It was like a sign of immediate disrespect. It was gross. And everyone within Toman made that known.

"Hey! What the hell is your problem?!"

"How dare you put your back to the commander?!"

The huge uproar was getting out of hand, although it was completely justified. For someone who was recently elected captain of the third division? Why was he being so disrespectful to his commander? In other words, why was Mikey allowing it at all?

However, the tall man to his right spoke up on his behalf, immediately silencing the crowd, "Alright listen up you grunts!" The tall male boomed, "Toman's new captain of the 3rd division is sitting here right behind me! Tetta Kisaki!!"

Takemichi's heart dropped to the ground in an instant, his eyes wider than ever, almost about to pop right out of the socket. The name. That horrid name.

"I was scared...just so scared... of Kisaki...and (Y/N)..."

"Kisaki's the enemy."

"Get her away from him..."

Takemichi's heart began to pump at a million miles per hour, 'That's Kisaki?!' He thought, 'I didn't expect him to just show up right in front of me!!' The surprise was shocking, but once it passed, it was replaced by rage, pure rage.

'What should I do?' he pondered; his breathing growing more hectic, 'What should I do?!'

"I've seen this guy before!" A random member spoke.