The big news

When mom got home from work, she had me and Bailey sit down on the couch as Zola already knew about the news. She announced that we were moving. "Where to"? Bailey asked. "Well, we are moving to Boston". "Where's that". He asked. "It's in Massachusetts, all the way on the east coast". Mom said excitedly "meaning you will get to go to a new school and make new friends". I was spacing out while mom and Bailey were talking. I didn't want to move to Massachusetts, Zola told me that Massachusetts is a state on the east coast meaning that it is on the other side of the country. I don't want to leave my aunts, cousin or my friends at school. I just wanted everything to stay the same. I loved my school in Seattle and loved the fact that I had so many wonderful friends and teachers at my school. I don't want to leave. I didn't want to go to no stupid Boston Massachusetts, but I didn't want to hurt my moms feelings and I knew part of it was to help Zola so she didn't struggle so much, I want Zola to be successful and happy of course, she's my older sister and I love her but I didn't want to leave home.

"Ellis" my mom yelled. I definitely heard her that time. "Yes mom" I said. "Are you okay"? She asked me looking a bit concerned. "I'm okay mom, just a bit tired" I said fake yawning. She nodded and told me to take a shower and then we are going to go to bed as we will be packing up for the next few weeks.

After my shower, I got settled into bed and was tossing and turning, how would I tell my friends at school about this? They will be just devastated. I sighed and tried to fall asleep.