~ Chapter 17 ~

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hm, not answering? I wonder how I should deal with you for not answering..."

"He did lots of horrible things, we were basically an experiment to him. Nothing more. And he did many more awful things, that...I don't want to talk about.", Ayato answered quickly, he was actually not keeping eye contact as he always creepily did.

I frowned sympathetically. But, not quite sure what to say because of the awkwardness of the situation.

"Well, I've got to get ready for the day. So, if you'll excuse me.", I stood up and Ayato quickly followed.

"Yeah, uhm, bye-", Ayato said, quickly teleporting out of the room.

I sighed, these boys had gone through a lot. But, it did not justify their awful behaviour.

I leaned onto my sink staring at myself in the mirror. I truly looked awful. I had eye-bags, messy hair and my clothing was disheveled and sweaty. Why didn't Ayato comment on that, he usually always insulted people on how they looked and he would've taken this opportunity perfectly.

I pushed that thought aside and continued getting ready. Pulling on a comfortable outfit and quickly applying some basic makeup.

I walked through the hallways and decided to go somewhere more quiet and away from the Mukami, Sakamaki quarrels.

I found a dimly lit room where I found Azusa.

"Ah, Azusa, hell-", he was cutting himself and I froze, bile rising in my throat as I quickly turned around and swallowed it. I was extremely queasy because of my unhealed trauma.

"Please, put the knife away Azusa. The sight of such things sicken me to no extent.", I muttered. He simply looked up at me.

"Don't you like...pain?", he asked tilting his head.

"No, it hurts, and hurt is a negative thing. Bad, awful and disgusting. That's what it is, and people should never go through that.", I answered, finally getting the courage to look at him in the eyes before grabbing some gauze and quickly starting to bandage him.

"Why are you...", Azusa's voice trailed off.

I shushed him, and focused on fixing his wounds.

"Please, Azusa, even though I'm sure you won't listen to me. Don't do this. It probably hurts your brothers to see you doing this to yourself. And, whatever twisted beliefs you have about it, are wrong. Just, wrong.", I stated firmly but softly at the same time.

Azusa stood there, a shocked expression written all over his face. I smiled and walked away quickly.

I bumped right into Kou.

"Oh, hey Kou.", I greeted him, barely smiling.

"I saw what you did back there...", Kou started, but couldn't say anymore. He only hugged me. I tensed up immediately.

"You're...welcome?", I answered, slowly wrapping my arms around Kou.

Once we stopped hugging, I excused myself and walked towards the library.

I sat down and started reading the book the anonymous person left me.

"I see you're reading the book I lended you?", Ruki's familiar voice called out to me.

I looked over my book and smiled at him, "Yes, it's a very nice book. You have very good taste in books actually.", I complimented, "Why did you decide to lend it to me?", I asked curiously.

"I, we, have the same interests. It's only common for people who share the same interests to recommend things to each other, is it not?", Ruki answered my question with another question.

"I suppose you're right.", I finally stated before patting the seat beside me.

"And, another things people who share the same interests do is do them together. How about we read together?", I offered.

"You want me to read to you?", Ruki asked teasingly.

"Woah! Not that. Just like a comfortable silence, where we both read our own books. It's more peaceful.", I corrected him, embarrassed.

Ruki nodded his head and sat beside me.

.

--------------

.

I looked over the table. It was even more quiet than usual. Not even the Yui, Ayato and Laito bickering.

I chewed on my food uncomfortably as I felt the brothers glaring at each other. I was sitting between Ayato and Yui. I held out my hand to Yui's and gave it a gentle squeeze and looked at her, as if asking if she felt all the tension in the room.

Yui nodded in response and squeezed my hand in return. I smiled and returned my focus on my food.

Once everyone finished, I stood up and took everyone's plates before leaving the intimidating room and going into the kitchen. Breathing a sigh of relief once the door closed behind me.

I closed my eyes as I washed the dishes as I thought about what the reflection said.

That's for you to find out with time. Besides, you're not nearly ready for that information.

My eyebrows furrowed as I tried making sense of what they meant. How could they possibly know if I was prepared or not. It's not their choice it's mine. I shook my hands, getting the excess water off and walked out of the kitchen, once I finished the dishes.

Huffing, I landed on my bed when I realized Yui was sleeping in my bed.

I smiled warmly at her sleeping frame, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear before standing up and getting ready for bed.

I joined Yui in bed, the combination of her body warmth and the blankets making it the perfect temperature.

I smiled to myself as I slowly dozed off.

"Good night Y/n.", Yui called out, hugging me and keeping her face in my upper-chest area.

"Good night Yui..."

So cute! <3
Personally, I'm not a simp for Yui, but yk, some ppl are, and she's probably one of the caracters most quickly to fall in love with our amazing y/n.
Anywho, once again it's 12 am here. Pls help, I only get motivation or ideas late at night whyyyy
-Author <3