Bury the Pain (Ceris x Herobrine)

Requested by rainimatorhayrani  

<>

Herobrine stared at the Ender Greatsword through his chest. He turned his gaze to Ceris. "What have we become?"

"No," she approached him slowly, summoning an armblade as she did. "What have YOU become?"

He chuckled, a dark sound that made Ceris shudder. "Don't forget the promise, Ceris."

"Die now." And she leapt into the air, slicing down, and Herobrine's head rolled to the ground.

<>

Ceris seemed off after she had killed Herobrine. She had saved the Overworld from the threat but she seemed...distracted, since then.

One night not long after, Ceris came over to Zeg. I'm going to the Overworld for something. Are you coming with me?

Zeganirn was confused but nodded anyway.

Ceris led the way to a small village and stood by the docks, staring out at the water for several moments before speaking, "When I was traveling the Overworld as a young woman, I came across this village. Everyone warned me not to go by these docks at night, warning of a man with 'eyes like the moon that could bring your downfall'. I didn't listen."

She closed her eyes, letting her mind fall back into the memory. 

Moonlight shone on the water, drawing Ceris' attention as she walked down the path towards the docks. Everything just seemed...magical at night in the Overworld. The thing that made it better than the End is there was a moon up here, which was like a diamond above.

"What are you doing out here?"

Ceris jumped out of her thoughts, blinking at the man standing at the end of the docks, his back to her. "I'm out having a late walk. What are you doing out here yourself?"

"I'm always out here at night. You must be new here. No one in this village leaves their houses after dark."

"They mentioned that. Something about a man with moon-eyes."

The man at the end of the dock chuckled. "Herobrine. That would be me." He turned his head slightly towards her and she saw a glowing white flare from the under the edge of his dark brown hair.

"Herobrine. You're Herobrine from the legends?"

"Yup," he turned around to face her fully. "You can come closer if you want. I won't bite you."

"You won't?"

"Not unless you make an enemy of me. I heard pretty girls like to mess around with guys sometimes."

The comment caught Ceris slightly off guard, but she couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips.

Ceris turned to Zeg in real-time. "Herobrine and I grew very close after that. We soon fell in love and he gave me this." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a silver ring with a purple stone embedded in it.

"What are these, Hero?"

Herobrine slid the ring on her finger, then put a gold one on his own hand. "They're promise rings so we won't forget each other when we're apart. You know I have a mission to go on soon."

"Oh Hero."

"Don't say anything sappy.." he took her hands in his. "If something ever happens to one of us, or this ever comes to an end, we bring the rings back here. And then we bury them by that fencepost right there."

Ceris smiled. "As if I'll ever need to do that."

Ceris drew a long breath as she went over to the fencepost and began to dig. There was a stab in her chest when she found the box Herobrine's ring was in. She put her's next to it, and covered it up again.

"Well, Herobrine," she murmured. "I guess it's time to bury the rings. And bury the pain."

<>

A/N: that was short and took way too long for me to get back to writing! I actually had this idea almost two years ago, and it jumped into my head again, so I wrote it out for you guys. I hope you liked it!