harvest festival

"esmeray, wake up its the harvest festival. and you and xaviers date," enid said the last part almost like a song.

"its not a date, we're going as friends,"

"oh yeah. a boy asking if you want to hang out, just you two at a festival totally isnt a date, now get up, its already 3:00 pm,"

"its not a date, and theres no way its that late," i said sitting up and throwing a pillow at her.

"when you guys kiss i better be the first person to know," enid said laughing, throwing the pillow back at me, hitting me in the face.

"oh my god. ew! im not going to be kissing anyone, enid," i responded.

"sure," she laughed, holding onto the r in sure.

"lets just get ready," i spoke, getting out of bed and heading towards my dresser. i opened it but heard tapping coming from my bedside table and looked over to see thing by a box. i closed my dresser before walking over and grabbing the box.

"whats this?" i asked, looking at thing.

"i might've gotten up and went to town to get you something for today," enid said, excitedly as always. i opened the box to see a dark red, almost black dress inside.

"its red, i dont wear color,"

"its just for today. and you can wear as much black with it as you want! but just wear it for today," i looked at her for a few seconds, she had a convincing look on her face, and eventually i gave in.

"fine, but im not wearing this again, and im wearing black accessories," i said, going back to my dresser to grab my black leggings and then grabbing my black boots that are sat on the dresser. i grabbed the dress out of the box and changed into it. i pulled on my leggings and boots then went to my jewelry box and grabbed a few necklaces and bracelets with a small ring. i put on my first necklace, but struggled getting my second one on.

"enid, can you help me put this on?" i asked, walking over to her as she was getting dressed aswell.

"yeah. of course, let me see it," i handed her the necklace and turned around pulling my hair out of the way. she put the necklace on me then went back to getting ready.

"you look really good in red," i heard wednesday say from her bed.

"thank you wednesday. i never thought you would compliment me because of a color i was wearing," i said, looking down at the dress. it wasn't a super fancy dress. it was a deep red dress that went to my knees. the sleeves rested on my shoulders, and was a few inches above my elbows in length, it was definitely a dress you could wear casually. "wait, why are you just in clothes you wear daily. why do i have to be more dressed up?" i asked both wednesday and enid.

"because you have a date and we dont," enid responded.

"for the last time, its not a date,"

"whatever you say, esmeray," enid spoke.

☆━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━☆
me, enid and wednesday all walked into the festival together, and were quickly noticed by xavier.

"esmeray," i heard him shout from a few feet away.

"go get your mans," enid said, pushing me towards him.

"oh my god enid, i'll see you guys later," i finished before walking over to xavier.

"you're actually wearing something that isn't black and white," he said, looking me up and down.

"dont get used to it, enid bought it for me and she has this look that is very convincing. so i agreed to wear it once and only once," i feel overdressed, i dont see anyone else wearing something like this.