"I can walk," Aashika replied, standing up and starting to walk, but with a limp.

"Ayaan is going to be angry if I don't stop limping." Aashika commented holding the bear wall.

"But Aashika, it's not your fault. Just tell him about Kanak."

"I don't want to be the reason for a fight between brother and sister."

"Yes, yes, our Aashika is so considerate. If she's not worried, then why are you?" Kajal said and roll her eyes.

"Let's go and get some good food. I'm hungry."

"I'm not talking to you. You should have pushed her too, but since you're hungry, we'll talk about it later. Tell me about your handsome husband," Kajal said.

"I should tell this to your boyfriend, I think."

"Don't talk about him. We had a big fight. Let's go to the club tonight. We'll have my breakup party." Kajal wipe her imaginary tears.

"Did you guys break up? That's sad."

"We haven't, but we will if he doesn't come to me."

"I can't even walk, and you're telling me to come with you. Let me go home and sleep." Aashika mumble done with their lovely dovey drama.

"Okay, okay, but tell me about your husband. Don't you have something interesting to tell me?" Aashika glaring at her in response.

At home

Soon, she arrived home after finishing her classes.

"Aashika, if you want to avoid getting scolded or anything else, then sleep. If he sees me limping, he'll scold me first and then ask how it happened. And trust me, I'm not going to say anything. It's better to hide than to tell him. It will be okay by tomorrow. I'll deal with that mean person later. She made me fall down the stairs. Let's see what happens next time."

She entered her room and immediately crawled under her blanket, covering herself completely. Within minutes, she fell asleep.

Later that night, Ayaan returned home to find the house silent. He quietly made his way to the bedroom and saw her peacefully sleeping. Not wanting to disturb her, he went to change his clothes.

After changing, he heated up the food prepared by his aunt and then headed back to the room. Approaching the bed, he noticed Aashika sleeping, holding a pillow and looking adorable. He couldn't resist capturing the moment, so he quickly took a picture of her and set it as her phone wallpaper.

He gently woke her up, and she sat on the bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Ayaan, when did you come? Would you like some tea? Should I make it for you?" Aashika asked, still rubbing her eyes.

"No need, I don't want any tea. Tell me, when did you sleep? Did you even have lunch?" Ayaan inquired.

"I had some chips in college, and I slept after coming back.," she replied.

"So, should I assume that you haven't finished your work? Never mind, get up. Daksh Bhaiya will be here soon. Wash your face," Ayaan instructed.

"Why do I have to study even after coming back from college?" Aashika protested.

"Stop this drama, madam, and hurry up. Wash your face," Ayaan retorted, rolling his eyes.

"It's cold. Can't I just study here?" Aashika pleaded.

"Just wash your face. It's not as hot as you make it out to be," he replied, exasperated.

"Okay, okay. I'll go wash my face without thinking about anything," she agreed, standing up and heading towards the bathroom. However, as she took a few steps, she stopped and glanced at Ayaan, who was engrossed in his phone.

Limping slightly, she made her way to the bathroom. When she emerged, she walked towards the bed but froze when she heard Ayaan's voice.

"Why are you limping, Aashi?" he asked, concerned.

"I... I'm not limping," she stammered, avoiding eye contact.

"Did you hurt yourself?" he inquired, moving closer to examine her foot. However, she quickly backed away.

"It's nothing, really. I was just sleeping, and my leg went numb. It'll be back to normal"

He expressed his disbelief, instructing her to retrieve her assignment and register before joining him in the living room.

She stared at him in astonishment, objecting to the idea of taking everything and leaving the room.

"No, I'm going and you're coming too," he insisted upon hearing the doorbell, proceeding to answer it.

She complained about the strain on her legs, but upon reflection, she doubted he would scold her. Disregarding her concerns, she gathered her books and settled on the living room sofa, eagerly awaiting Daksh bhaiya's arrival.

"How are you, Aashika? Did you attempt the practice question I assigned you today?"

She shook her head, indicating that she hadn't.

"No problem, I was already expecting that response. Let's work on the assignment first, and then you can attempt the question on your own," he suggested.

She nodded and began writing. After completing the assignment, Daksh asked her to attempt the question.

"Bhaiya, can't I do it later? My leg is already hurting, and now my hand too. I promise I'll do it later," she pleaded.

"And when will this 'later' come, Aashika? It's already nighttime," Daksh pointed out.

"Oh yes, I forgot. It's night," she said, making a displeased expression.

"Let's get this over with, you idiot," Daksh remarked.