Chapter Forty-One

I feel movement next to me as I slowly open my eyes, seeing Grayson getting up from the bed.

"Gray?" I quickly ask, my voice soft but raspy as I rub my eyes.

Grayson turns around to face me, cursing under his breath.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, you can go back to sleep" Grayson's voice was soft as he speaks.

I stare at him for a few seconds, before reaching out for his hand.

"It is Sunday. You don't have to be doing anything" I quickly say.

Grayson raises his brows at me but connects our hands nonetheless.

"You don't have to sleep, but just rest. You deserve it Gray" I smile a small smile at him as he gets back into the bed next to me.

He quickly wraps his arms around my waist as my hands go to comb through his hair.

It's been a bit since Grayson got back into bed.

There's a knock at the door.

Grayson doesn't get up to answer it.

"Who is it?" He calls from the bed, not moving from his spot.

His eyes are looking into mine, a small smile sits on his lips as he plays with a strand of my hair.

"It's Xander, can I come in?" Xander calls as Grayson says yes.

Xander quickly opens the door, causing Grayson and me to finally break eye contact as he sits up in the bed slightly.

I look over to Xander as a small smile makes its way onto his face.

"We've figured it out. Me and Avery. We found the last thing but we need everyone. We need me you two, Avery, Nash, and Jamie" Xander quickly says.

Grayson doesn't seem the most excited about the news but nods nonetheless.

Grayson and I both get dressed quickly as we get ready to go to these tunnels.

Grayson holds my good hand gently as we walk. He's a fast walker so I'm having to walk as fast as I can to keep up.

We enter the great room where there are tiles missing from the floor.

Under the missing tiles is a staircase.

We quickly decent the stairs, making our way through the dark tunnels.

We can hear voices, one of them sounds like Avery.

As we finally make it to the drop to the room that the voices are coming from I see another girl.

"Skye was down here with Drake the night of the shooting," The girl says.

I feel myself freeze.

Skye was with Drake the night of the shooting. The night he went into my room.

"She gave him access to the estate, probably even pointed him toward the Black Wood."

She probably caused it. She gave him access and she got him to attack me and shoot at Avery and Jameson.

She did this.

She did this and I'm standing with her son.

My eyes look up at Grayson's, his are filled with a look of betrayal, of shock.

"I should have told someone, after the shooting, as soon as I realized what i'd seen-I should have spoken up" She continued.

"Yes." Grayson speaks up, making his face cold like stone once more as he makes himself known to the two.