the world is a cruel place

Start from the beginning

"Jesus Christ. I meant what did you guys do for you to get sick?" Zeke palmed his forehead. "God, Eren, she's like my little sister. I don't want to hear about that."

"Don't call her your sister," Eren's face twisted. "That's like calling her my little sister. Since I'm older than her and I'm doing unspeakable things to her."

You smacked his arm, "Do you never know when to shut up? Anyway, Zeke, you look a little worried. Is something wrong?"

Zeke shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "Yeah, actually. First I need to understand what's going on with the two of you. Was this the first time?"

"No," you and Eren looked at each other.

"You guys are just having sex?" Zeke asked.

Eren shook his head, "No. We're together."

Zeke's brow arched, "You're together?"

Eren nodded.

Zeke stared, "Okay. So, this complicates things."

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Mason's had it out for Eren for years now," Zeke explained. "Lara has been in his ear, convincing him there's something going on between the two of you."

You leaned forward, "But I talked to Mason, he said he doesn't believe her."

"Well, he's starting to become angrier. His run in with Eren on Halloween has been making him think different," Zeke said.

"Why the fuck does Lara care so much?" Eren bluntly questioned.

You groaned angrily, "Because of you, idiot. She's still obsessed with you, isn't she? My brother has to be the biggest dumbass getting back with her every single time."

"I agree, but that's not the point," Zeke waved dismissively. "He is pissed. And he hates Eren for the whole pot related bullshit and then for fucking Lara to rub it in his face. And now this. His little sister with his enemy. He would set all of Paradis on fire."

"But he doesn't know for sure," you rubbed your forehead. "How did you even think it was a possibility Eren and I were together in the first place?"

"You two were acting so strange on Halloween. I've never seen Eren act so weird for a girl—not even when he liked Mikasa. And I've known you for years too, so I put two and two together," he clarified.

You and Eren looked at each other and you whispered, "Were we actually obvious with it?"

Eren shook his head, "No. My dickhead brother just can't mind his own business."

"Hey," Zeke snapped at him. "Dad also told me about Y/n so that's why too. Anyway, Mason's still in Marley. But I'm telling you now, be careful."

Eren clicked his tongue on teeth, "I've beat the shit out of him before, and I'll do it again. I'm not worried about him. I'll go to Marley right now and fuck him up."

"No," you shook your head and scolded. "He's still my brother. We aren't going to do anything to hurt him. I don't care how much you hate him."

"He made your life a living hell," Eren stared at you, puzzled. "He deserves it. You aren't actually going to still try protecting him, are you?"

"I have to. My parents would be worried sick and I don't want Mace to get hurt. I don't care what happens," you reprimanded. "We'll keep hiding and he won't know. The second he finds out the wrong way, something horrible will happen."

"He's already found out the wrong way," Eren countered. "The second he gets a confirmation, he's going to come here and drag you back to Stohess. I'm telling you right now, if I find out he tries hurting you, I'm going to make sure he's buried in the ground."