Chapter 6

The final week of the semester was underway and I was sat with Penny and Georgie having iced coffee and studying at a Starbucks just off campus after telling them the story of my confession to Cal. It was the day after I'd told him the truth and I was still mesmerised by his strength and forgiveness.

'So what do you think will happen now then?' Penny asked me. 'With Felix...'

I shrugged. 'Cal said he will deal with him.'

Georgie pulled the straw from his pouted lips and gasped. 'Do you think he's going to fire him?'

'For sure!' Penny cried. 'How can he work with him after this?'

'Well he forgave Bethan!' Georgie stated to her. 'Why can't be forgive Felix?'

Penny scoffed. 'Bethan is the love of his life, Felix Fender has barely been in his life five minutes!'

'Nuh-uh!' Georgie shook his head and clicked a finger at her. 'That's double fucking standards, girl!'

Penny batted his clicking hand away and scowled. 'The man has been working alongside him all this time after kissing his girl and didn't say a damn thing!'

Georgie's mouth flew open and his hands flailed wildly in the air pointing at me. 'This bitch right here did the same damn thing!'

'Alright, cut it out!' I snapped, feeling everyone in Starbucks now looking at us. 'Stop arguing over this, it's stupid! Yeah, Georgie, you're right, it is the same thing that I did but it is Cal's choice how he deals with this because he is the one in the middle of it! If he wants to fire him, so be it.'

Georgie shrugged and rolled his eyes. 'You're right I don't know why I'm getting so worked up, I don't actually care; I just like annoying Penny.'

'You do know why you're getting worked up and it's because you have a crush on Felix and you just don't want to have to stop being able to check his ass out everytime you find a stupid excuse to go to the shop,' Penny told him, snarling her lip at him. 'Oh, Felix, this tattoo Cal did on me is so itchy and sore can you take a look? Aww Felix your designs are so beautiful, I would love for you to do me! Oh my god, did I just say DO ME? I totally didn't mean it like that, what must you think of me, Fe-! OUCH! What the fuck, Georgie?!'

Georgie snarled right back at her as he put down the notebook he had just hit her on the head with. 'You're so fucking lucky we are in my favourite Starby's right now because if I wasn't afraid of getting banned from coming here you would totally be wearing this iced hazelnut and vanilla coconut latte.'

Penny flashed him the middle finger and turned back to me. 'You did the right thing; you did your part. The rest of it is out of your hands.'

'The worst part was that he'd came home so excited to tell me about this big trip everyone is going on for spring break,' I sighed, stabbing my pen into my notepad. 'Tori organised it and I guess it will probably still go ahead but without Felix and Sarah obviously.'

'Are you kidding me?' Georgie gasped.

I shook my head. 'Well no, obviously they can't come now because of this-.'

'Fuck Felix and Sarah!' he interjected, frowning at me. 'You mention the words "spring break trip" to us but no mention of a fucking invite? What is this trip? Where is it to? Were you planning on telling us before this Felix drama or were you going to totally betray us by not-.'

'Will you shut the fuck up?' I barked. 'Of course you were both invited; I only found out about it last night. What the hell has gotten into you today? Are you on drugs?'

Georgie grinned and relaxed. 'Where are we going?'

'I don't know if it's still happening but it's some flashy cabin in the woods with a pool and hot tubs and tennis courts and like a million bedrooms,' I told him.