"were you defiling my baby brother?"

~

~

~

~

james goes to visit dr. riddle at oscorp the next day.

riddle gives him a tour of the whole place, and since regulus isn't here to unknowingly distract james, he actually gets a lot of helpful and interesting information. riddle gives him a run down of every machine and room in the industry, and by the end of it james has forgotten about everything else in his life.

riddle let's him work on a prototype for animal testing, and it's quite literally the coolest thing james has ever seen. he tries to create a formula so that a mouse can regrow one of it's legs, and after a few unsuccessful attempts, he creates it.

riddle stares at him for a little bit, shocked at his solution before ushering james into another room with real-life test mice. james picks one up and holds it for a moment as riddle prepares his new medecine, and when he injects it into the mouse and it doesn't immediately die, james counts it as a win.

he feels lighter than he has in days.

~

~

james sneaks out of the house that same night.

he feels very guilty about it considering the level of trust he knows his parents have for him, but if he told them what he was doing they would definitely be worried.

james is a little worried himself, but he needs to do this.

he was able to climb out of his window with little disruptions thanks to his new powers.

he's gotta find a better term than that.

he doesn't really know what he's doing as he walks along the streets. he came out here searching for something, but how do you find something if you don't know you're searching for it?

"stop!"

ah.

james turns and looks down an alley where the voice came from and sees a man trying to steal a woman's purse. he feels his body tense in preparation and oh, he gets it now.

he needs a fight.

so, before he can think of any reasons to not get involved, he's walking up to the man and turning him around to punch him in the face.

james gets in about 3 more situations like that before he decides he's had enough for the night and heads home.

he spends all night watching videos about oscorp and it's materials while icing his face and eating leftover chinese food.

~

~

james spends all weekend holed up in his room researching. he watches hundreds of videos about oscorp's web fluid so he can recreate it for himself.

by the end of it, he's had about 20 near death experiences and hasn't had a full night of sleep, but he's created something brilliant.

he materialized indestructible spiderwebs that he can control through a hand built wrist shooter. and a suit.

pretty fucking cool, if you ask him.

now he wants to test them out for real.

he stands from his place on the floor abruptly, very aware of all the supplies on the carpet before snatching up his shoes and putting his web-shooters in his pocket gently and stuffing the suit inside his jacket.

CARDIGAN, jegulus spider-man! auOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara