Chapter 7: Spoiler Alert

Andy looked at the time on his phone.

15:04pm

It was a Sunday and even though he was tired he had time. A new burst of energy flowed through him as he thought of all the things he could buy himself. He got up from his brown couch.

He showered and got changed into his favourite red hoodie and comfy black shorts and some white sneakers. He grabbed his black, withering bag with all that he needed and left his apartment, headphones in to block out any interruptions.

Andy marched through the city and bought all that he had his mind on. He had a great time out. After his shopping spree, he set all the heavy bags down on the kitchen table and on the floor. He eyed them with a wide smile, his face hadn't had such a wide smile on it in so long it actually felt uncomfortable to do.

His smile disappeared when he looked at everything he'd bought. He noticed the majority of what he bought was houseware, new kitchen appliances, soaps, house decor that Daniel had given advice on getting. He felt disappointed in himself.

He was unsure why he had been so happy to buy all those things. He sighed to himself and pledged to do this again next month and get better things.

So that's what he does and he did the same thing, only buying himself a couple of things like new headphones, a beanbag and some clothes that he shopped for online.
He was mad at himself for repeating his mistake.

At work he sulked all day as he thought about it. Daniel was currently chatting away to him about something and Andy couldn't wrap his head around why he bought houseware again!

"Daniel, explain this to me," He said as his eyes wandered as he thought about what had been accumulating his mind all week.

"Wow, there goes my hour of talking, were you even listening?" Daniel asked sitting up.

"Unfortunately, but you told me to go spoil myself right?" He continued to ask.

"Yeah," Daniel sighed as he shook his head smiling.

"And that's what I did last month, but I ended up buying house stuff than things for myself, and so I tried again this month, but I did the same thing and only managed to buy about three things for myself, what's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing,"

Andy looked up at him, unintentionally giving him kicked puppy eyes. Daniel laughed in amusement.
"How come?"

"Well, maybe you wanted to buy those things, see living alone or adulthood makes you change your priorities, like if you were younger you would've bought yourself a game or went to go hangout with friends and eat junkfood,"

"Whereas now, as an adult your mind changes and all of a sudden buying a new spatula makes you so happy and you want to talk about how amazing this new fabric softener you bought is, there's nothing wrong Andy, you're just growing up."

"Buy what makes you happy, even if it seems stupid and weird, if that spatula makes you happy, that's all that matters." Daniel finished.
Andy's head hung low in thought and a small smile crept it's way on his lips.