Chapter 24: Last One Standing

You feel like you're sinking. Sinking down into the dark depths of the planet. You feel water all around you, but you can still breathe. It's warm, and comforting. It's almost like you don't want to leave where you are. It's not like there's anything to go back to now. Elsa is gone. What's the point of opening your eyes? What's the point of taking another breath? Nobody is there to help you up. Nobody is there to-

"(Y/N)," a soft voice calls out. "Why are you lying around? You have work to do."

Your hand starts to fidget.

"Ca...Cass? Is that you?"

"Don't you want to save everyone? You never seemed like the kind of person to lay down and die. What's wrong?"

"Cass... I lost everything. I think it might be time to join you and the Master."

"What? You can't join us now. You have so much more to do. Besides, you can't give up on love."

"L-love? What are you talking about?"

"You and Elsa. Jeez, you really are clueless sometimes," she giggles.

"But she's gone."

"So find her."

You stop thinking for a moment and laugh.

"Yeah, I guess that is the solution, isn't it?"

"It is. Now stop lying there and get moving. And please, don't make me see you again."

"Why?"

"We're not together anymore, (Y/N). I'm not the one who you should be focusing on. That part of your life is over. You need to move on with Elsa. So find her, and make a life for yourself!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You start moving your body. You breathe in the water, which doesn't fill your lungs. Air fills them. Feeling starts coming back to your body. You can feel the pain in your back and stomach. You can feel the dirt beneath you. Your eyes open and you take a huge breath of air. You look around and see the sun shining down upon you. You fall back to the ground and look around. Cassandra's grave is right beside you.

"Thank you, Cass. Thank you for everything."

You look over to the temple and frown. You can't even see the main temple, which means it has to be destroyed. You get to your feet and brush away the dirt. You slowly walk away from the grave and through the broken wall that Viper threw you through. You look around and sigh. Your body fills with a melancholy feeling.

You can see your fellow clan members all over the place. They're bloody and not breathing. You walk over to Daniel's corpse and kneel. His eyes are completely white, and he doesn't look like he took much damage. You place your fingers on his neck and slide it around a bit. You can't feel anything. Daniel is dead as well. You close his eye lids and stand up.

Viper's gonna pay for what he did here.

You look over at the main temple and head towards it. You enter through a giant whole where the door used to be. Everything seems destroyed and burned. You doubt anything useful is still here... but...