Chapter 1: Wide Open

Start from the beginning

Silver walks to Sebek, "Looks like you're largely unscathed, Sebek. That's a relief."

"Hmph. Well, you seem fine, and I could hardly allow myself to fare worse than you," Sebek replies.

Then asks, "Are you alone?" What of Malleus and Lilia?"

"We've yet to find any trace of them. I'm guessing it's been the same for you," Silver answers.

"Rrrgh...!" Sebek growls in frustration.

And the Pomefiore students come together.

"Ah, Epel! Your charming smile, so easily mistaken for a flower... How glad I am to look on it once more!" Rook says.

"I don't know about this 'charming' business, but..." Epel says, but he smiles, "Rook, thank you for coming to my and Vil's rescue."

Ortho practically runs to his brother with joy, "IDIAAA!"

"ORTHOOO!" Idia screams in relief.

And the two practically hug each other.

Ortho happily says, "I'm so happy you're safe... I was so worried, I thought my circuits might fry!

"Thank you for coming to rescue me. Ahhh... Nothing beats the taste of sweet, sweet freedom from that awful party comp," India says.

And the Octavinelle students get together.

Floyd says, "Wassup, Azul. Jade. You two look just fine."

"You actually joined the rescue team, Floyd? What possessed you to take on such a menial task?" Azul asks.

Then Jade smiles and says, "He must have been worried and flew to our aid. My brother truly has a compassionate, benevolent soul."

"Yeah, that's totally it. Us Octavinelle folks are all about that spirit of benevolence. And I'm sure I can expect a little somethin' - somethin' in return." Floyd says.

And then there's Savanaclaw dorm.

"Well, well, if it isn't the little lost pup who scampered out the door. Did you remember where your house was?" Leona questions in remark.

Jack is shocked, "Leona! Look, I didn't intend to 'scamper' out -"

He then stops himself and says, "... Y'know what, never mind. Splitting hairs is never a good look. I'm sorry for the trouble I put you through, sir!"

Ruggie snickers and whispers to Leona, "Shyeheehee. C'mon, Leona. Would it kill you to be honest with the guy and tell him you were worried?"

And then there's Scarabia's group.

Kalim smiles and says, "It's nice to see everyone in such high spirits!"

"I'm not sure we can really say that," Jamil replies.

And says, "You, Jack, and everyone else who got possessed must be running on empty."

"Ah, yes, we found that to be true in our group as well. We should be grateful that we've all reassembled at this juncture," Rook says. "We're all finally in the same place. Was it happenstance we arrived here at the same time?"

Then Sebek says, "We found a door in our travels, but it was locked. We were discussing what to do when we ran into you all."

"It was much the same for us. We came upon a locked door and we're at an impasse..." Riddle says.

"When we suddenly heard it unlock, and we dove right in," Ruggie says.

Then Trey says, "Our door wasn't locked; it opened right away."

Just then, Leona says, "Okay, I get it. The doors must've been designed to only open when everyone was ready to go through. Which means someone intentionally brought us here at the same time.

"D'accord. I imagine it was for that right there," Rook says and looks down one of the staircases.

"For what?" Sebek asks, walking over.

He turns to where Rook is looking, "... Wait, what's that door?!"

Trey walks over and sees the door, "A giant, ornate door at the bottom of the stairway... And it's different from all the others we've seen so far."

"Welp, we know where that goes, don't we? Couldn't be more clear than if they'd slapped a 'BOSS THIS WAY' sign on it. Might be a trap, but so what? Not like we've got any other options," Floyd says.

"For once, I agree with Floyd," Riddle replies.

Then Riddle says, "If the source of this endless Halloween lies beyond that door, then there's only one thing to do - eliminate it!"

"Right. And we'll get Malleus and Lilia back too," Silver says.

"Then I suppose we must let the chips fall where they may," Rook says.

Then asks, "Are you all ready to proceed?"

"You bet!" Everyone agrees.

With everyone ready, they walk down the stairs to the door and ready to solve this mystery.