Chapter 6: Something to Share

Then Ace says, "Whoa, whoa, hold the phone. Does that mean..." and makes a shocked expression. "Halloween's never gonna end?!"

Everyone begins to talk among themselves about Ace's statement, and understand that because of what's going on, Halloween will never end.

Then Trein sternly says, "Quiet!"

"Whatever the case may be, we need to investigate further," Crowley says.

Then turns to the students, "Housewardens, please remain here for an emergency response meeting. Everyone else will take shelter in our campus' most secure location - The Mirror Chamber. Vice Housewardens, I ask that you lead the students over there. And I would like the teachers to check all seven dorms to ensure we haven't missed any students.

"Understood," The staff member answer.

Soon, all the students, Vice Housewarden, and the staff take their leave.

All but Ace, he remains behind and speaks up, "Hey, uh..."

"Yes? What is it, Trappola? Crowley questions.

"Would it be cool if I made a pitstop somewhere first? Ace asks.

"Need I remind you that this is an emergency, Ace?" Riddle question.

"Look, I'm just a little worried about Briar and the others at Ramshackle. None of them are even here," Ace says.

Then Sebek says, "I wouldn't feel right letting a weak human go out by himself. I shall escort you!"

"Huh?" Nobody was askin' for that," Ace says.

Sebek is offended, "What?! How DARE you reject my generous offer!"

Trey gets between them and says, "Come on, Ace don't be rude. I'm sure Sebek's worried about them too."

"Oh, yes, I was JUST debating whom I should ask to check on that dorm!" Crowley says.

Then says, "Trappola, Zigvolt, I would be happy for you to go. But I don't wish to send two freshmen out by themselves..." He then turns to Trey, "Clover, go with them, if you would."

"Yes, sir. Will do," Trey says.

Then Riddle says, "Be careful you three."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it!" Ace replies.

Then all three take their leave to check on Briar and the others at the Ramshackle Dorm.

Rook turns to Crolwey, "Headmage, might I remain her and join the meeting? I have something I wish to share."

"Very well. We'll hear you out," Crowley says.

"I'll leave you to it, Rook," Jamil says.

"Right. I trust you to guide everyone safely to the Mirror Chamber, then," Rook says.

"I will," Jamily replies.

Then turns to the others, "Come on, guys. Let's go."

Ruggie, Ortho, Floyd, and Silver join Jamil and leave the room.

Then Leona asks, "Okay, what've you got, Rook? I'm guessing you didn't want to say it in front of an audience."

"My mind must be an open book to you, Roi des Lions," Rook replies. "And it would appear I'm not the only one with something to share. Come on out, now. No need to hide."

"Wait, who's hiding?" Riddle asks, confused.

The group turns to see Silver walk into the room.

Then Silver says, "I thought I was completely concealed. I guess I still need more training."

"Silver? Why are you still here?" Riddle asks.

"My apologies. Normally I wouldn't dream of eavesdropping, but something's been bothering me..." Silver says.

"So you know something as well. I trust you'll share it with us?" Crowley replies.

"...All right," Silver says.

Then Crowley turns to Rook, "Let's start with Hunt, then. The floor is yours."

"I discussed the matter with Jamil, and there was one thing we both found quite strang... The fact that there was nothing strange at all," Rook says.

"You found it strange that nothing was strange? Would you care to elaborate?" Crowley questions.

Then Rook explains, "Jamil and I both feel we are considerably more sensitive than other people. Despite our houswardens being the focus of our vigilance, they disappeared from their rooms without either of us noticing anything amiss. That's what's strange. It simply doesn't make any sense."

"Got a pretty high opinion of yourself, don't ya? ... Though in fairness, I can't say you're wrong," Leona says.

Then he says, "According to Ruggie, a guy in his room vanished without makin' a sound. Others said the same thing. I mean, sure they were asleep... But it's odd none of 'em noticed ANYTHING. They were in the same room, for cryin' out loud."

"It was the same in Heartslabyul," Riddle replies.

"I see..." Crowley says.

Then turns to Silver, "Was the same for you, Silver?"

However, Silver says, "The opposite, actually. I heard something."

"And what did you hear?" Crowley asks.

"I heard Lilai scream," Silver answers.

This shocked everyone in the room.

Then Silver explains, "I was asleep in bed when it happened..."