Chapter 41 - Clueless

I guess Shina noticed my bad mood by the way I was sulking in my seat. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I violently cut my pastry with a fork and bit it down. "What do you think?" I said, my mouth stuffed with cake.

Shina sighed and stared blankly at me as I devoured the pastry in anger. "Ryoba," she held my arm. "Stuffing your mouth isn't gonna solve anything." I noticed my appearance and stopped chewing.

I swallowed and asked, "What do I do now?" She looked just as clueless as me. "To be honest, it was never that hard for me. After all I didn't have a detective behind my neck!" "Hey, why do you do the same things as me?" I asked.

She paused. "Honestly? No reason. I just...love it. The thrill of it all I guess. Unlike you, I never needed any motive. You never would've done any of this if it weren't for Senpai right?" I slowly shook my head, but I wondered.

Would I not have done any of the crimes if it weren't for Senpai? I don't see any sense in senseless murder. I'm doing it for love.

"Exactly! Maybe that's why you're getting impatient. Also I've noticed, you're more open than before." "Open?" I asked. "Before him, you just seemed like a emotionless robot. You never talked, barely smiled, you just...existed?"

"Now, look at you. You're getting angry, sad, frustrated and more. And you're expressing yourself more." She's right. I have been feeling more in these past few days than I've ever done in my life!

"That's why I need him!" I exclaimed. "He's the cure." "The cure for what?" I sighed. "You won't get it. I have a problem. I don't feel anything. With him, I can feel everything." "Like what?" "Like feelings, Shina. Every damn feeling."

She was confused, but she tried her best to be supportive. "I see...." She let out. "I kind of get it? It's not as extreme for me but I do understand. Maybe that's how killing feels for me." If someone hears us we're definitely getting locked up.

As we talked more, she asked to see Senpai. I felt a little skeptical at first, but I showed her a Polaroid I always keep with me. Despite trying to keep it safe, it's got crinkles over time. "That's him." I felt my cheeks heat up. "Hmm," she let out.

"All this..for him?" She said disappointingly. "No offence Ryo-Chan, but I don't see it. Good for me I guess." She said. At least she doesn't like him. As I peeked out the window, I saw the dark alley in front of me.

I was still deep in thought. I can't stop thinking about Sonoko. She's occupied my mind. Now all I think is about her, not Senpai. How to get rid of her and more importantly, to get rid of that goddamn journalist.

As I blankly stared out the window, an idea formed in my mind.

————————

Shina and I parted ways to go home. However, I took a different route. I walked to the alley where Yakuza men chilled. This could very well end with my ribs getting broken. I knew it was a bad decision, but it can't hurt right?

I walked into the alley and saw the men quickly stiffen and let out annoyed grunts. Their leader, Togo's brother flicked his cigarette and lightly crushed it. He looked up and said, "What the hell are you doing back here?"

"I'd like to make a deal with you." I said. The other men turned to me. One clutched his baseball bat which I failed to see earlier. I took a step back. The leader waved his left hand at him, motioning to put it down.

"Ha! You do know what you're saying right?" He turned his torso to me and said in a low but coarse voice. "Leave this place, now."

_______________💔______________