Chapter 32

Time Skip of 3 months

Summertime and Pregnancy do not mix in Florence's opinion. Specifically being 9 1/2 months pregnant in the middle of a heatwave in California summer.

"Chris. The next time you decide to knock me up, please do it so I won't be pregnant in the summer" She says, standing in front of the AC in the house.

"I didn't really plan to knock you up, it did just happen" he explains

She shoots him a glare. "Well, be more careful"

He rolls his eyes and nods. "You know, it's a two person job to make a baby"

She whips her head around to glare at him. "Don't even think about fighting me on this. I'm the one who is carrying this thing and has to push it out of me."

Chris raises his hands in surrender, not willing to risk his life and fight the very pregnant werewolf in front of him.

The past few months have been uneventful in Beacon Hills, which is a blessing for Florence and Chris.

Florence is off for the summertime now, spending her days at home with Chris, with Malia or with Melissa.

The teenagers, however, had a plan, the same one they had the summer before, which is to use Florence's pool.

Chris watches the group of teenagers sitting outside in his backyard. "So, they did this last summer too?"

Florence nods. "Not so much Lydia, but Stiles, Scott and even Isaac used to just show up to use the pool. I don't mind. Their parents all know where they are, and 3/5 of them have heightened senses, so if anything happened they would know."

"Isaac too? Did he try to get you to join them?" Chris asked, knowing about Isaac's crush on his girlfriend.

Florence laughs. "So many times. It was adorable. Oh, I went to see the Sheriff today, you know about if he has heard anything about a strange wolf woman"

"Strange wolf woman? You mean Kate?" Chris asks

She nods. "I asked if him and Parrish could keep an eye out for any local reports of anything like that. In case Kate makes her way back here."

"Parrish? Him too?"

Florence rolls her eyes. "He is harmless. Plus, I think he knows I'm committed to you, you know, because of this" she says pointing at her large stomach

Before he can say anything, the back door opens.

"Uh Florence?" Scott asks

She groans. "Please tell me he didn't do it again"

Scott stands there with his puppy brown eyes and nods. "He did it again. But with Liam this time"

Chris looks between the two confused. "Who did what again?"