Chapter 2

The first couple weeks at her new job in her hometown were very eventful. Derek Hale was arrested for murder, then it was found out that the body in the woods was Laura.

That wasn't a good day for Florence.

She stormed into the police station demanding to speak to the sheriff. After that, she spent an hour talking to the sheriff about how Derek was innocent, how the woman they found was her niece. Laura Hale.

After helping him get out of jail, and potential murder charges, She hadn't heard from Derek in a few days.

She sat at her desk at the school, grading quizzes from her students when her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said into her phone, while holding her hand to her forehead.

"Florence?" A familiar deep voice said through the phone. She sat up, immediately hearing the pain in his voice. "I need help. Meet us at the animal clinic. Now." Derek continued before hanging up abruptly.

She ran to put on her jacket and grab her shoes before rushing to her car and driving over to the animal clinic.

As she pulled up, a baby blue jeep pulled up at the same time, Derek exiting the passenger seat.

She ran over and grabbed his arm, holding him up.

"Derek, what happened?" She asked with a strained voice, trying her hardest to hold him up.

"I was shot" he said plainly.

"Does Northern Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" A familiar voice asked while staring at her and Derek with a confused stare

"Yes" both Derek and Florence responded

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane. He has to bring the bullet here" Florence continued, dropping Derek onto bags that sat outside the back door to the clinic.

"Why" Stiles asked, still confused on why his teacher was here, and how she knew this.

"Cause I'm gonna die without it" Derek stated weakly, breathing heavily.

Stiles looked nervous as he opened the door and the three of them burst inside. Derek was in the process of taking his shirt off, Florence helping him as much as she could.