Chapter 20:

You nodded 'thank you' to her and she gave you keys. "It's for your room. Just find the door with the same number on the key. Okay then, goodnight!" said Clockwork cheerfully. You waved goodnight to Clockwork and found a door that said "Room 47". A wave of cold air hit you as you entered. The sound of an air conditioner hit your ears and you looked up at one corner to find it hanging there. 'Cool,' you thought. The walls were painted (f/n) and the room smelled of fresh daisies. You plopped down on the bed that stood in another corner of the room. It was so soft and comfortable you wanted to go straight to sleep without even changing. The thought crossed your mind but your thoughts were disturbed by a knock on the door. You reluctantly got off the bed and opened it. "Oh hey Slendy," you greeted when you saw who was outside. In one of his tendrils, you saw your bag. "Here are your things," he said, handing you the bag. "-and a few extra others," he continued. His other tendrils; you didn't notice, were carrying shopping bags. "Trendy got them for you a few hours ago. He said that you would love them," said Slendy, dropping the bags in your room. "Also, maybe you would like to look out the glass door when you want a view," added Slendy. You furrowed your eyebrows but you thanked Slendy and closed the door. You took a bath and walked over to the glass door on the other side of the room wearing a bathrobe you found in one of the bags. Your hand went for the brass doorknob and you went outside the glass door. It was a balcony. Outside was a wide river with a few trees on the bank (a view of the Eiffel Tower is too cliché). The water shimmered as the light of the moon reflected it and stars were scattered all over the night sky. You sighed and rested your arms on the ledge. You heard a cough to your left. Your head briskly turned and you saw another balcony. Another CP was looking at the view too. "So, what's going on in this neck of the woods?" they teased. It was a boy dressed in the same clothes as BEN, only they were black and gray. His hair was white and his eyes were red. "BEN? I thought you were downstairs." you addressed the person. He turned to face you and replied, "You mean me?" You nodded which caused him to throw his head back in laughter. "I ain't BEN, okay?" he finally sputtered out. "Oh, sorry... you just uh- look like him," you said. He grinned at you and answered, "It's alright. I'm Dark Link." You smiled back and introduced yourself also. He asked, "Why'd you think I was BEN?" You responded, "Like I said; you look like him." He continued, "In what way exactly?" You said, "The clothes mostly." He nodded. "Yeah, but I'm better." And he muttered, "Like always..." You rolled your eyes, "Of COURSE you'd say that!" He chuckled and you asked, "Are you his friend or what?" He replied, "Acquaintances really... we don't get on each others' good side often. We're always bickering and junk." You pressed on, "But why???" He said, "I don't really know WHY there's a tension between us; I guess it was always there. Basically we compete with each other in video games- obviously, but we occasionally punch each other on the arm and stuff." You mouthed 'oh' and finally said, "Okay, so I gotta sleep... goodnight, and uh- thanks for the talk!" Dark Link waved goodnight and you went through the glass door again. You changed into new clothes and lay in bed. You turned off the lamp near your bed and when you looked at the ceiling, you found the old glow-in-the-dark stars pasted all over it. You smiled and drifted to sleep.