THIRTY TWO

Vivianne

"I feel like everybody knows we shouldn't be here," I said hesitantly. A high school party? Cool, cool. But a college party? My knees wanted to shake so bad.

"And they probably do, and don't give a fuck," Kynlee said. She was in full stem mode, her hair long and curled with a Rockets jersey over a plain black hoodie and some expensive jeans she was sagging.

"I just wanna see if Constance is here," I said softly, touching my scar self consciously.

"Stop or you're gonna make the bandaid fall off your cheek," Kyn warned.

I passed by a hallway mirror, catching a glimpse of how I looked at the party. Tan-brown tee, my volleyball shorts cause I forgot to wash my laundry (I don't wanna hear it) instead of my boxers, and some darker brown sweats. My hair was just completely out of there at the roots, so my passion twists was down but hidden under a beanie. I looked like a young nigga tonight, and I could tell some of the ladies appreciated it by the glances I got as I moved through the people.

"We not even finna try and get drinks. Let's just look for your girl so I can get some action tonight," Kyn rubbed her hands together in anticipation.

"I mean...if we find Con, I'm sure she could get us some drinks," I shrugged.

"Man, did she you know...even want the kiss?" Kynlee asked tentatively.

I frowned, "I didn't really consider that. What if she just thinks I'm a weird little girl who kissed her. I'm sure Angelle was right and she wants her more..."

"Don't doubt yourself. We're here now, anyways," Kynlee said with a shrug.

"Constance!" I called out, figuring the hell with it. No way we were gonna be lucky enough to find one person amongst all these people before the end of the party. Kynlee shrugged, and joined me in calling out her name.

"Constance!" I yelled.

"Constance!" Kynlee repeated.

"You lookin' fa me," somebody tapped my shoulder.

I almost shit myself turning around, but instead of Con, it was some girl with blue braces and pretty lips, and some cute ass Ethika's stretched across that booty.

"Oh, no. Sorry, wrong Constance," I blushed, taking her in.

She started to walk away and Kynlee's eyes widened.

"Hey!" my friend ran off, mouthing 'Sorry' to me.

I stood in the middle of the party, feeling alone and defeated. I wouldn't find Constance tonight and doing all that quick packing with Aiana and Kynlee back at the house had been for nothing. Aiana didn't want to come and she was back at my place pretending to be me asleep in my bed. Now I'd probably get in trouble sneaking back in and this all will have been for nothing.

"Vivianne?"

I turned around slowly and there was Con with a stud by her side.

"I'm Meah, hi," the girl smiled at me.

"Hi," I gave her an awkward wave.

So they did glow up after high school. Constance should have been enough proof, because she was hella fine and Coach had let us laugh at her old volleyball pics- but this girl.

"Vee?" Con interrupted my staring, looking down at me. "What are you doin' here?"

"Oh, me and Kynlee just came to, uh, chill," I said.