THIRTY

Vivianne

"I know what's gonna make you feel betterrr," Kynlee was saying as we waited for my dad to pick the both of us up. He should be pulling up any moment now. I sighed. Right. Packing today and a little bit of tomorrow because I'd be leaving the house I had known for quite some time to be at my relative's before the beginning of the school week.

How could I forget.

"What?" I asked her, not really paying attention.

"A partyy. With college kids too. You know our school don't be throwin' no good shit anyways. It's a big ass party. Everything's gonna be there. It's a beginning of the year party for WHU."

"I can't go. I'm packing today," I shrugged.

And I wasn't really in the mood to have fun anyways. The best moment of my life had turned into the worst, right now. Plus, how would I even get out without my parents not knowing? Well...they did say they were done caring now.

"I'll try. But then you'd have to help me back," I shot her a smile.

"If you really wanna go, we need to get done fast. We should invite Aiana too."

"The thing is, will my parents let me have friends over. Even if it is to just pack up?"

"Well, I guess we don't have a choice but to see," she shrugged.

Just then, my dad pulled up and I nodded at Coach Wang talking to some parents. We were the last people to leave, she was now free to leave.

"Hey, Mr. Herida," Kynlee said, getting into the backseat besides me.

"Hey guys," he said, his voice a bit more cheery than it had been lately. He was probably counting the hours until I'd be gone.

"We got a good call from the adoption people today, Vivianne. We might have a new baby soon," he added.

Yeah...a new daughter or son.

I stared at my lap as he pulled off. Kynlee reached over and squeezed my hand.

"Can Kynlee and Aiana help me pack?" I finally asked. Now was better than never, I guess. He looked like he was going to say no for a moment, and Kynlee cut in. "It'll make the process quicker so she can be done by tomorrow."

"Yes. Your aunt and uncle will be arriving sometime on Sunday for you," he nodded. "Very well. But no kiddin' around. You're still in trouble, Vee."

Damn. Tell all my business, will you?

"Thanks."

Yeah, I was thinking about how I'd get all my shit into a few boxes. But I was really thinking about this party. And even though I was pissed at Constance... what if she was there too?

Comment