Chapter 30

Ryujin

There have been a lot of changes in my life for the past six years. I was recruited by an independent agency not long after Yeji's showcase, debuted as a soloist and stayed in contract for two years. After being in the industry, I've found out a lot of things that I'd rather not be involved in.

People called out my vocals, despite putting out a lot of mostly rap songs and only minimal tracks that focused on singing. I did try my best to improve it, even back when I was still a trainee, but I just couldn't put my heart into it.

I did gain a lot of fans and followers. I loved dancing on stage. I enjoyed collaborating with artists and seeing fans learn the choreographies to my songs. I enjoyed fan meetings and performing.

But it felt like the words of those who didn't like my voice (and apparently, there are a lot of other things to hate about me) haunted me. There were several days when I couldn't sleep and their remarks just kept repeating in my head. It was overbearing.

And then one day, I just knew that I had to quit.

I moved back home and deleted my social media presence.

Because I came from a quiet town, there wasn't much clamor when I came back home. There were family friends who asked why I quit and some childhood friends who, surprisingly, reconnected with me to get more details about the news. But aside from that, my life went back to normal pretty quickly.

I worked two jobs until I was able to save up as a starter fund.

I opened up a small studio for kids and teens who would like to learn how to dance.

Fast forward to today, and I already own a two-storey building with 6 studios in total. I have people from nearby cities coming in for lessons, and four dancers in total who help me in teaching them.

I'm still somehow updated about the girls. Yun Jin, my sister, grew up as a big Kpop fan. She likes the girls a lot, especially upon knowing that I was with them back in school. She keeps me up to date with the current activities of the groups.

"Please bring me with you, Ryujiniiieeee", she whined.

"I told you, I'll be quick. And it's not leisure. Jin-ah. It's a meeting with a possible new senior dancer in the studio", I answered while packing.

"But I really wanna go to Seoul! You said you'd bring me someday. I'm almost an adult and you still haven't fulfilled your promise", she pouted.

She was growing up fast. She's now almost as tall as me, and she's a good dancer, too. A lot more things to learn but she's a natural.

"You are indeed almost an adult now, but you whine like a baby", I teased.

She was still pouting.

"Alright, go and grab your things for a night away."

She squealed, hugged me, and ran back to her room to prepare.

When we arrived at our hotel room, Yun Jin immediately took out a list - she said she planned ahead and wanted to check out some places in our free time.

"Alright, but you stay here for the next few hours. I'm heading out to meet the dancer. Wait for me so we can go out for dinner."

She nodded while grinning at me.