Twists and Turns

Chapter 21

Disclaimer: There's a long jump, and this chapter is mostly a flashback

Yeji

It has been 6 months since Ryujin and I officially dated. I still remember the look on her face when I knocked on her door that night.

I was coming back from class and worried why she wasn't present during dance class. There weren't any messages from her, either, so I decided to go straight to her when I got to the dorm.

She was flustered and she looked like she was gonna be sick when she saw me so I lead her towards the bedroom, sat her down and asked her what was up.

"I.., it's just... I have something to ask you."

I waited patiently and looked at her with concern.

I was, at one point, scared that she might tell me to stop whatever we're doing because she doesn't like me anymore. It has been weeks and everyday I kept wondering what we really were. Are we girlfriends? Are we allowed to date other people? Is she seeing other people?

Everything was so mixed up in my head that her question didn't register immediately.

"Huh?" I asked, to clarify that I heard her right.

She looked even more terrified that she had to repeat it.

"Uhm... I said that I like you a lot. More than a lot, Yeji." She said, the words now clearer in my head.

"Would you like this to be official and... be my girlfriend?"

It still took me 5 seconds to realize what she was asking.

I immediately smiled and nodded my head.

"I thought you wouldn't ask," I teased. "Yes, Ryu. I will be your girlfriend".

The word sounded good in my mouth and I kept repeating it over and over in my head while I leaned in and kissed her.

The next few weeks after that were a breeze. We still hung out with each other in the usual amount but keeping our official relationship a secret makes it a lot more interesting.

Sure, the girls are aware that there's something going on between us. We live with them, after all. But they aren't aware that we're officially girlfriends and we don't have plans on letting them know anytime soon. Everyone else pretty much thinks we're best friends.

However, things started to get a little complicated when we started training.

A week before training started, we informed the girls about everything. We had a meeting with the management and they allowed us to stay in the dorm for the first 2 months of the training - giving up enough time to adjust, pack our things and fix our schedules. This includes letting the rest of our housemates know where we'll be, but giving no other details except for that single information. And they also had to sign a confidentiality agreement for it.

Everyone was very happy for us and we couldn't be more thankful for all the support from the girls.

But things started to get weird when Miss Momo had a closed door meeting with us.

We were sitting side by side, giddy and nervous about this new opportunity.

"I'm so proud of you girls. Ryujin, you have always been the best in class and I've seen great potential in you from the beginning, Yeji. In a week, you'll be official trainees of JYP Entertainment", Miss momo smiled at the statement.