6

I can't believe I just embarrassed myself like that. I was totally out of control, my friends probably think I'm crazy now.

I've been sitting on my couch listening to quiet Christmas songs for an hour now, finally fully collected and in the right mind set to process what happened an hour prior.

I actually think I'm crazy myself. All that happened was Clay leaving me to decorate by myself, I was being dramatic and now I'm so embarrassed by that. There's no way that my friends actually believed my false lie of hurting my foot. Like cmon, I wasn't even trying to limp. I probably looked like an idiot just fumbling over my words.

That's not even the worse part too. I still have a fucking mess all over my apartment. There is glass shattered near my Christmas tree that is not even halfway finished. There's tinsel all over the floor from when Quackity and Sapnap were throwing it at eachother. They said they would pick it up before they left, but I kind of pushed them out before they got the chance.

I haven't even looked at my kitchen yet, but knowing my friends, there is probably a mess in there too. Again, I know they would of cleaned up before leaving, but I ruined any chance of that happening too.  Also, all the bags and boxes that haven't been put up yet are still surrounding my house, you can barely walk without tripping over some Santa clause or snowman figurine!

I sigh as I get up and head to my bedroom, feeling exhausted all of the sudden. I grab my phone off the side table next to my couch before making my way to my bedroom where I threw on some new pajamas that weren't Christmas related; I've had enough for one night.

As I lay in my bed and stare at the roof I suddenly hear my phone start to ring. Groaning, I roll over and grab my phone dramatically while checking who was calling.

Clay.

I groan even louder while covering my face, wanting to just throw my phone across the room so I wouldn't have to deal with him or anyone else right now. I don't however, because I know how much of a determined person Clay is. He won't stop calling me until he hears from me, I honesty wouldn't be surprised if he showed up at my door in the next hour if I didn't answer.

"Hi?" I mumble quietly while picking up my phone and putting it on speaker, not bothering to bring the phone to my ear.

"Hey George." Clay responds, matching my quiet proximity. The line goes quiet for a few seconds while I just lay there, not wanting to be the next one to speak up.

"I'm sorry." Clay continues after taking notice of that fact that I was not going to start up conservation myself. I frowned at his sad tone and began quickly reassuring him before he cut me off.

"No no George. I know you didn't hurt your foot, there was no glass near your feet and you were walking fine. I know it was because I left, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just assumed you could finish by yourself. I guess I just wanted to make sure everyone was having a good time, so I went and checked on the others, but I got carried away and-"

"It's fine Clay, really. I was just having a bad day. I'm good now, trust me."  I heard the blond sigh over the call before it went silent once more.

"Okay.. as long as you're okay now.  I still feel bad though, so how about tomorrow me, you, and Sap go shopping for- for presents Y'know?" I process Clays suggestion for a few moments before agreeing.

"That sounds good, meet tomorrow, your house at 12?" I suggest while getting more comfortable in my bed, preparing to end the call soon and get some much needed rest. Clay hums back an agreement before we say our goodbyes.

As soon as our call ends I realize I don't have a car to get to Clays house.  Guess I will have to spend some money to buy an Uber.

—————