5

"Where should I put this?" Quackity asked me while holding a Santa Clause holding a book out towards me. I just furrowed my eyebrows back at him while throwing my arms up.

"I don't fucking know, I don't think I have nearly enough room in my apartment for this stuff." I replied before taking the Santa from him to put on a random table that ended up being next to two snowmen with gingerbread men in their arms.

Quackity laughed from behind me before walking away, towards where I assumed one of our friends resided. I glanced around the room after Quackity left, seeing Sapnap and Clay decorating the tree together while Karl sang Christmas songs, Quackity was just now beginning to sing along with him.

Sapnap saw me looking at him and Clay, and I assumed an idea popped into his head because he all of the sudden looked to Clay to say something to him before walking towards me.

"George, Clay needs help decorating the tree" I furrowed my eyebrows at this. Wasn't Sapnap just helping him?

"What? Where are you going?" I asked out loud, seeing Sapnap just walk over to Quackity and Karl before turning around briefly to call out to me.

"Making cookies!" He exclaimed before pulling Quackity and Karl to my apartment's kitchen. I didn't even know they brought the cookie mix, and! I didn't even give them permission to make a mess in my kitchen, because I know they will. I sighed and then started walking over to Clay.

"Hey George. Here, use this box." The blond greeted while handing me a box filled with red and green ornaments. I remember Clay putting this in the cart after explaining how I need some 'normal' ornaments on my tree too to balance it out. I thought it was dumb, to be honest.

I took the box from Clay before reaching into it to take out one of the green ornaments. I then stuck out my hand to the tree to place it. Clay shook his head immediately once I did though.

"That's way to close to the one next to it. There's literally like a centimeter between them. Here, let me show you how to do it." Clay spoke up while taking the ornament I just placed, off of the tree and into his own hands.

He then reached his arm to a new spot on the tree, only to place it just like I did prior.

"It needs to be even to look good. Your turn." Clay says while now pointing back at that box I held. I nodded and then reached into the box again, this time picking up a red ornament. After retrieving the ornament, I reached my arm to an open spot on the tree, one where it was placed nicely between two other ornaments.

"No, there are three of the same colored ornaments next to each other. Put a green one between those two." I confusingly stared at the ornament in my hand. I then sighed and reached back into the box to grab a different one, this time green. Then I brought the ornament back to the tree to place it in the spot I was originally at.

"Good!" Clay cheered before turning back to his own box of ornaments. I smiled at his celebration before looking back at my own box to grab the red ornament I put down a few seconds ago.

"Hey do you guys want to help-" Karl started before getting interrupted quickly.

"He's kidding! Don't help us!" Quackity yelled out causing me to glance up at the two standing at the door frame of my living room. Quackity was shoving Karl back into my kitchen while looking at me and Clay with a sorry smile.

I now realized what Quackity and Sapnap were doing. They were getting me and Clay to hang out, just us. Alone. I rolled my eyes at them and then looked back to the giant green tree stood before me.

The two of us continued decorating the tree in silence with just the faint holiday music from the kitchen playing in the background.  At least that was until Clay apparently got bored because he put his box of ornaments on the ground and turned to me.